Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi is a creamy one pot meal with a luscious parmesan sauce, crisp bacon and topped with green onions. A healthier and new take on a loaded baked potato!
You know that moment when you fall completely in love? As in on cloud 9? It takes over all your thoughts? You get butterflies every time it runs across your mind?
Yes! Just like that.
Well, that is how I feel about this Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi. We first met a couple of years ago at a local restaurant. A rather popular joint with a wide selection to set my eyes on, so this dish should feel rather lucky that I chose it over all the other tasty selections.
It is a smooth talker. Tender and has multiply personalities. Crunchy. Slightly Tangy. Salty and a bit sweet. It knows how to keep the vibe alive! But in all reality? I can’t stop thinking about this dish since the last time I made it. It is the definition of comfort food yet sophisticated enough to be served on a date night! Such as Valentine’s Day!
Every Valentine’s Day, we crack open a bottle of wine, put on a movie and whip up a carefree dinner. Usually consisting of some sort of small bites; like bruschetta, chorizo stuffed dates and plenty of chocolate. But I think we can fit this in there somewhere, right? Calories don’t count on holiday’s anyways…sorta like that heart shaped chocolate box that haunts me during my midnight feedings? Yay, those calories don’t count either.
This dish comes together in a jiffy and tastes best upon completing. So if you are one of those make ahead meal preppers, can chopping all the green onions and bacon ahead of time suffice? I promise you this dish takes no time and only requires one pan. As in saute the bacon, remove it from the pan, add the chicken stock and the gnocchi. Let that simmer for a few minutes then remove from the heat and add the yogurt and cheese. Let the cheese melt down into gold and top with crunchy bacon. See? Easy enough a cave man can do it!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped chopped
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz package potato gnocchi (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1¼ cups soft shredded parmesan
- 1¾ teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the chopped bacon. Cook until crispy, 7 to 8 minutes.
- On a paper-towel lined paper towel, remove the bacon from the pan and add to plate. Wipe out the remaining grease.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a simmer then add the gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese. garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, pepper and greek yogurt.
- Stir until cheese incorporated and melted through.
- Transfer to serving plates, and garnish with chopped bacon and chopped green onions.
Hungry for more dinner ideas?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!0