These Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies are ready in 15 minutes, require one bowl, and are a delicious, dessert-like breakfast treat to start your day!
about this Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
What is better than cookies for breakfast? All I can tell you, this is a sure way to get my kids to devour a healthy breakfast! Mom win.
These Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies are whipped together in about 15 minutes and with only one bowl. They are filled with powerhouse ingredients, such as flaxseed, chia seeds, and oats to keep your blood sugar stable and prevent becoming hungry soon after. Feel free to add chopped nuts, dried fruit or other spices to really jazz them up!
ingredients you’ll need for these Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Ripe bananas
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Ground Flax Seed
- Chia Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Flour or Peanut Butter
- Almond Milk
how to make Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into 12 mounds.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly firm, but soft to the touch.
- Cool cookies for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Peanut Butter Drizzle: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut flour with 1/4 cup of milk until smooth. Add more if yours is too thick. Drizzle each cookie.
how to store this healthy breakfast cookie recipe
To store, store in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days. And they are a great option for breakfast on the go, so add them to your meal prep for the week.
can you freeze this healthy breakfast cookie recipe
Yes! These are a freezer friendly breakfast cookies. For easy freezing, place cookies on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, in a single layer. Then once frozen, place in an airtight container.
To thaw, remove from freezer and let thaw overnight in the fridge.
Can you use an egg instead of the chia seeds?
The purpose of the chia seeds is to provide structure so the cookies hold together. While I have not tried using an egg, I would think 1 egg could be used in place of the chia seeds.
can you use regular peanut butter instead of peanut flour?
Yes! Simply drizzle with drippy peanut butter rather than mixed peanut flour with milk. If your peanut butter is hard, microwave for 15-30 seconds until soft, then drizzle each cookie.
meal prep tips:
these Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies are perfect to make on the weekend, then snack on all week! Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
i love to enjoy these as an energy boosting snack or for a breakfast on the run!
more healthy breakfast ideas