This Fool Proof Homemade Pretzel Bread has a salty and crispy crust with a tender inside! Making it the perfect bread for sandwiches or for dunking into your favorite cheese sauce!
This is my heaven.
My pregnant heaven. Carbs. Carbs and more carbs.
I have long loved pretzels. In nearly any form really. But I feel like in the past few years, I have seen pretzel bread everywhere. One of my first experiences was at Coopers Hawk restaurant, where they make their own wine that is dang good. But, that is a whole different story. Their real winner is the piping hot, crusty and salty pretzel bread that arrives on your table shortly after you order. Here is when less people at the table is better.
Greedy? Quite possibly.
But once you take your first bite, you will be on my side here folks.
The bread has crispy and a golden brown crust that is sweet and salty all at the same time. And the inside is tender, chewy and pillow like. Something that only gets better when you smother it with the softened butter that is like silk. Super creamy, sweet and salty.
I could easily make this pretzel bread my meal. Especially right now since this babe is loving all carbs.
So a few weeks ago, the Mr and I went to a local bar and grill for dinner. I spotted these warm pretzel sticks with cheddar cheese dipping sauce on the menu, he knew we were not getting out of there without ordering them.
It arrived at our table piping hot. And smothered with a bit of melted butter. Not healthy one bit but oh so satisfying. Life is about balance, right? I workout and eat healthy 80% of the time for these exact meals that make up the other 20%! So, indulging I did.
It was one of those meals that I was sad when it ended, but when I got home, I was determined to recreate those warm and buttery pretzel sticks. And the verdict? Winners right here.
And the best part is, you all get some of the love!
These loaves are fool proof, I tell ya. As we all know, baking and I are more of frenemies than best friends but lately we have been tolerating each other more. And this bread is proof that we belong to be friends!
After numerous attempts, I can say proudly this Homemade Pretzel Bread is perfection. Straight from the oven, smothered with a bit of butter is heaven. Or sliced into quarters and dipped into melted cheese is appetizer perfection. And sliced thin, toasted and topped with sandwich goodies? Oh so delicious.
Items I used to make this recipe:
Hungry for more bread recipes?