This Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Smoothie tastes just like fall! Hints of cinnamon and vanilla create a protein-rich and nutritious breakfast or snack that tastes like dessert!
about this Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Smoothie recipe
Turns out if you a tell a toddler their Apple Oatmeal Smoothie is an oatmeal cookie milkshake….they will devour it. I mean, who would turn down a treat?
Ingredients you’ll need for this Apple Oatmeal Smoothie:
- Milk of Choice
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
- Vanilla Extract
how to make this apple oatmeal smoothie:
It couldn’t be easier…
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until combined.
- Add to serving glass and garnish with whipped cream, optional, but not really…!
What are the apple and oatmeal smoothie benefits?
Delicious and sugary apple pie will make anyone giddy. I love the flavors so much that I knew, this rolled oats smoothie was on my to-make list this fall. The peanut butter adds creaminess and protein and healthy fats to help keep you full. Lastly, oatmeal. May seem odd but I believe this is what brings out the ‘pie’ flavor! Are you wondering how oats in a smoothie benefit you? Oatmeal is full of fiber and helps stabilize blood sugars. (Read…no grumpy Gus in a few hours!)
The beauty of this Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Smoothie is it is a nutritional powerhouse, so be naughty and indulge with whipped cream!
Can you prepare this smoothie ahead of time?
I wouldn’t suggest preparing the actual smoothie ahead of time as they don’t hold well but you can combine all the ingredients for this oatmeal smoothie, store in a sealed container then add to a blender in the morning, or when you choose to consume it!
Can you use other nut butters?
Of course! Feel free to use almond butter, sunflower seed butter or whatever you enjoy! The possibilities are endless.
meal prep tips:
To make your morning quick, combine all the ingredients for this oatmeal smoothie, store in a sealed container then add to a blender in the morning, or when you choose to consume it!
more easy healthy smoothie recipes
- Healthy Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Smoothie Bowl
- Coconut, Vanilla & Almond Butter Smoothie
- all easy healthy smoothie recipes here!
A smoothie bursting with the flavors of fall! Filled with peanut butter, oatmeal and apples tastes like a dessert in a glass!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 apple, or 1 unsweetened applesauce cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional (will help thicken as well)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice (or to desired consistency)
- Whipped Cream, optional but highly recommended
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Mix well.
- Add to serving glass and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
*This is the protein powder I buy and love! It blends extremely well and contains no artificial ingredients!
Kylie @ immaeatthat says
Abbie @ Needs Salt says
Janna Chiasson says
S. Moore says
Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen says
Heather Kinnaird says
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
Agness of Run Agness Run says
Alicia C. says
Jan K says
Rona Pillay says
Megan Kohrs says
Megan Kohrs says
Megan Kohrs says