This Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe is a light and flavorful salad topped with a sweet and spicy dressing! Pair this loaded vegetable salad with your favorite protein for a refreshing lunch or easy dinner idea!
about this Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
This easy Thai cucumber salad recipe is refreshing and cooling with each bite and the ideal summer salad recipe! The peppers, carrots, and onions add some major crunch. And the peanut chili dressing brings a bit of spice and its a bonus that it is super simple to make. I am talking as in throw it in a bowl, whisk and you are good to go.
If you are on the hunt for a light, refreshing and vegetable loaded recipe, then you will love this! It’s the best Thai Cucumber Salad recipe!
ingredients you’ll need for this Thai Cucumber Salad recipe
- English Cucumbers
- Bell Peppers
- Green onions
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce, gluten-free if needed
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Chile Oil
- Lime Juice
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
how to make Thai Cucumber Salad recipe
- To begin, you can either thinly slice the cucumbers or spiralize them. If you wish to spiralize, trim the ends of the cucumber. Spiralize the cucumbers or use a mandolin to thinly slice.If not, trim the ends of the cucumber and thinly slice.
- Add to a large mixing bowl. Toss with the carrots, sliced bell peppers, and green onions.
- To make the Peanut Chili Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame chile oil, honey, water, lime, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- To serve, drizzle salad with the dressing and garnish with chopped peanuts.
how to store Thai Cucumber Salad recipe
If you wish to make this ahead of time, I would suggest storing the cucumber noodles and remaining ingredients separate as the cucumber noodles can get soggy. My suggestion, prepare the other ingredients, then spiralize or thinly slice the cucumber as close to consuming as possible for the best texture.
what to serve with this Thai Cucumber Salad recipe
how far in advance can I make the cucumber noodles?
I highly suggest a crisp, extremely fresh English cucumber as regular cucumbers can get quite soft. And try not to spiralize the cucumber too far in advance as they can get soggy. I love to chop all the other ingredients and store in an air tight container. Then, spiralize or slice the cucumbers and keep them in a separate container. Then, combine when its meal time, drizzle with the dressing and a good sprinkle of crushed peanuts.
more healthy salad recipes