This Sparkling Lemon Drop Martini is much more than a shake and a stir! Fresh lemon juice, vodka, and topped with sparkling water make this drink tart, sweet, and easy to drink!
about this Sparkling Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
For as long as I can remember, my Dad has been shaking up my Mom fresh lemon drop martinis. There are plenty of lemon drop martini recipes out there, but he has taught me a thing or two on how to make the perfect lemon drop. Let’s review!
rules to make the best lemon drop martini recipe
- Use fresh lemon juice. This is a must. Fresh is a whole different playing field than the bottled lemon juice that tastes slightly metallic. It takes a few extra minutes but the flavor comparison for this lemon drop can’t be beaten.
- Only use a pinch of sugar. Lemon drops are known for their sweet and sour complexity. Rather than a sweet-tart, make you pucker martini. That is achieved by making a simple syrup. Which you are more than welcome to do; it is a ratio of 1:1 with sugar and water! But I choose to use stevia, or you can use regular sugar in its place. Just add a tiny spoonful or to taste. This is the perfect example of where less is more!
- Use good vodka! Your taste buds and your lack of a hangover the next day will thank you! Smooth vodka will make for a smooth martini.
- Shake, shake, shake. With ice that is. No one cares for a warm martini. My Dad says to shake 40 times to be exact. At that point, the ice starts to break down and the ice shards float in your drink, making for an ice-cold martini with no large pieces of ice in your way.
- Bonus. A sugar rim. To make your drink extra special, line the rim with a lemon wedge and dip in sugar. You could forgo this step, but I highly suggest it. Actually, I require it.
ingredients you’ll need to make this sparkling lemon drop martini
- Lemon Vodka
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch Sugar or Baking Stevia
- Lemon Sparkling Water
- Lemon wedge
- Sugar for rimming
how to make the best lemon drop martini
- Rim the top of a martini glass with the lemon wedge. And dip into sugar to coat. Set aside.
- In a shaker, add the lemon vodka, lemon juice, sugar/stevia if using and a handful of ice. Shake for 15 seconds. Strain into martini glass, leaving the ice in the shaker. Top with sparkling water.
- Serve immediately.
Can you prepare this lemon drop martini recipe ahead of time?
I highly suggest making these at the time of consuming as fresh ingredients are best.
Can you prepare a big batch of this lemon drop martini recipe?
Yes! I suggest only making one or two at a time as your cocktail shaker will not fit much more. And you don’t want to crowd the shaker too much to ensure the liquid gets cold enough while shaking.
more easy cocktail recipes:
- Frozen Coconut Mojito