This Sparkling Blueberry Mojito Recipe is a fruity, summer staple that is easy enough to make for a crowd!
about this Sparkling Blueberry Mojito Recipe
A classic mojito recipe is a combination of rum, mint, lime, and simple syrup. It is a light and refreshing cocktail that is quite simple to make! An easy mojito recipe starts with a simple syrup – which is a mixture of sugar and water, boiled then reduced to a syrup consistency. It is perfect to add to cocktails for a touch of sweetness.
But for my blueberry mojito, I add blueberries to the simple syrup for a delicious twist. The simple syrup can be made ahead of time, making it ideal for your next party!
ingredient’s you’ll need for this blueberry mojito recipe
- Sugar or Baking Stevia
- Frozen Blueberries
- White rum
- Mint Leaves
- Sparkling Water, such as La Croix
how to make this blueberry mojito
This easy mojito recipe starts with a blueberry simple syrup mixture, which is just sugar and water boiled down to syrup consistency. Then you combine that with rum, mint, and top with sparkling water!
- In a small-medium saucepan, add sugar or baking stevia, water, and the frozen blueberries. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let cook for 10 minutes.
- As it cooks, mash the blueberries with a fork or spoon to breakdown. Once cooked down a bit, add contents to a blender or use a handheld blender and puree until smooth. Let cool for a few hours, or until ready to serve. Or place in freezer for 10-15 to get cold. But don’t let it freeze!
- When ready to serve, add a few mint leaves and 1 1/2 ounces of rum to a high ball glass with ice. Add 2 ounces of the blueberry simple syrup. Top with the sparkling water and serve immediately.
- Garnish with mint and extra blueberries, if desired.
can you make this blueberry mojito for a crowd?
Yes! This easy mojito recipe is perfect for a crowd as you can multiple the simple syrup for the number of drinks desired! Then when it is ready to serve, prepare all the glasses with rum and mint, then add the remaining ingredients. Cheers!
meal prep tips:
the syrup in this blueberry mojito recipe is so easy to make and prepare ahead of time! Which means, it saves you work when happy hour comes or during the middle of a party!
prepare the syrup ahead of time and store in a sealed container then add to the cocktail when ready to serve!
if preparing for a crowd, prepare the syrup and combine with the rum. Store in a pitcher then pour over ice and add sparkling water when serving!