Skinny Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade is healthy, sweet and tart all in one sip! Fresh strawberries mixed with fresh lemonade and a touch of sweetness is the perfect refreshing drink!
So how much longer of this cold weather, Ugg boot wearing, scarf layering, frozen finger tips stuff we have left?
Because if you ask me, winter should be stick around for 30 days. Enough to enjoy a pretty white snow, get us through Christmas and enjoy a week of evenings spent by our fire with a cup of cocoa. That is about all I can handle.
You see, I am a warm weather kinda gal. My parents always chose beaches over ski’s for our family vacations. I wasn’t complaining as white beaches, crystal blue water and mocktails (all a 12 year old could handle) seemed pretty hard to compete with. So now as an almost thirty year old, I still would choose swimsuits over a snow suit. But my husband would love to differ. He is a snow bunny so therefore, there comes the part of marriage that I have to give up my selfish ways and please his want to ski down the slopes.
Don’t take that as I don’t enjoy skiing. Dustin actually look me a couple of years ago. To my surprise, I loved it. But after a few hours of ski school and continuous face plants, I wanted to make my way to the bar for a Kahlua and coffee. I am major priss when its comes to chilly weather. Once I can’t feel my toes, I am done.
With Kansas City’s negative wind chills this week, I had to brew something up to help take me away to warmer weather and thoughts. Lemonade is iconic to summertime for me. And margaritas. Those are a must.
But no ordinary lemonade. Fresh lemons are squeezed because if you recall in my last beverage, fresh juice does not compare to the metallic taste of bottled. So the base starts with fresh squeezed lemon juice, then a skinny simple syrup is added. Don’t be intimidated by the simple syrup. It really is just that. Simple. Boil sugar and water until reduced and syrupy. After a short chill, it’s ready to go! For today’s drink, I added frozen strawberries. You can use fresh if that is what you have on hand, but I love the syrup that comes with frozen once thawed.
Once the simple syrups are made and chilled, add the contents to a pitcher, top with sparkling lemon water then give it a good stir. While this drink tastes the best the day of due to the sparkling water, it still tastes great the next day! It may not have as many bubbles as when fresh, but the flavor is still on point!
While I may not physically be able to put my toes in the sand, I can sip this skinny sparkling strawberry lemonade and dream of warmer days!
Make sure to also check out the Skinny Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade recipe over at Celebrations!
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup truvia
- 1 ½ cups water, split
- 2 heaping cups frozen strawberries
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 4 cups sparkling lemon water, such as La Croix
- In a small medium saucepan, add zest, truvia and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and let reduce for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a glass, heat proof pitcher.
- In the same saucepan, add the frozen strawberries and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let cook for 10 minutes. As it cooks, mash strawberries with a fork or spoon to breakdown. Once cooked down a bit, add contents to a blender or use a hand held blender and puree until smooth. Add to the pitcher with the lemon simple syrup.
- Juice the lemons and Add to the pitcher with the simple syrup and strawberry puree.
- Let chill in fridge for 2 to 3 hours, or until chilled, and ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add the sparkling water and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemons and strawberries, if desired.
Looking to thirst your quench?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!0