This Blood Orange Margarita Recipe is a refreshing twist on a classic margarita with fresh blood orange juice, triple sec, and fresh lime juice!
about this Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
Blood Oranges are some beauties, don’t you think? While they are in season for only a few months during the spring, I make sure to find a way to use them in the kitchen as much as humanly possible.
From snacking, to salads, to dressings, and to drinks, like this Blood Orange Margarita. It is a delicious and gorgeous twist on an easy margarita recipe!
ingredients you’ll need for this Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
- Triple Sec or Orange Liquor
- Fresh Blood Orange Juice
- Sugar and/or Salt
how to make this blood orange margarita
I love margarita recipes from scratch and this blood orange margarita recipe is no exception. No mixes here!
- First, if you wish to rim the glasses with sugar and/or salt, start with that first! Rub rims of two glasses with a lime wedge. Pour sugar/salt onto a plate and spread out evenly. Dip rims of glasses into sugar/salt until evenly coated.
- Add tequila, triple sec, blood orange juice, and lime juice to a shaker, and mix well.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour margarita into the glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges, sip and enjoy!
can you prepare a big batch?
Yes! This is the best approach when making these for a crowd. Simply multiply the base of the cocktail (lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and blood orange juice) based on how many cocktails you wish to make. Combine all of the ingredients, except the ice, and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Then top with lime wedges.
can you prepare this blood orange margarita ahead of time?
If you are looking to prepare these ahead of time, combine all of the ingredients, except the ice, and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Then, when ready to serve, pour mixture over ice and top with fresh lime wedges!
what to serve with this easy margarita recipe
more easy cocktail recipes