Flavorful skinny queso dip made with american cheese, almond milk and greek yogurt to provide extra creaminess but with fraction of the fat! A creamy and healthy spin on the classic mexican dip!
The mood is lighter, my husband is laughing a bit more at my gibberish and margaritas just seem right.
Despite working from home and setting my hours, the workweek has still has an unwelcoming vibe to them. The feeling of a houseguest with an unwelcomed extended stay. Neither is appealing.
There is beauty in every weekend. Some are busier than others filled with events that we would rather not partake in. And others are picture perfect. Much like this past one. Nothing spectacular happened. Just quality, interrupted time with my husband. And not to mention, minimal social media. That factor alone was refreshing.
Last week I touched on the importance of stepping away from my endless to do lists to just be, live in the moment. Since that post, I have been shutting down my work around 5pm and giving attention to my husband. Something I have not been doing as much since going full time. Something that you love so much can consume you, but that should be my time with the one I married, not my cyber life. I do love you all; don’t take that the wrong way. But a girls gotta breath sometimes.
The past few days have been a breath of fresh air, leaving me rejuvenated.
Rejuvenated to tackle plenty of new recipes. One being a makeover on a dish I could polish off all on my own. Thank goodness the hubs was there to control the issue or he wouldn’t have gotten even one lick of this dip!
If you have 15 minutes, then you are 15 minutes away from pure bliss. I chose American cheese for two reasons; 1) it takes me back to my 5 year old self of the gooiest grilled cheeses ever and 2) it has serious melting capabilities!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- 1½ cups plain almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups american cheese, grated
- ½ cup plain, non fat greek yogurt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add tapioca starch and whisk until crumbly. Cook 1 minute and whisk in almond milk.
- Turn heat to low and gradually add american cheese, stirring continually. (Do not add all at once or the cheese sauce will climb up on you.)
- After all cheese is incorporated, remove from heat and add in greek yogurt and seasonings. Stir in well.
- Serve immediately.
Craving more cheesy dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!2