Roasted poblanos and tomatoes bring out the natural sweetness to make this salsa a smoky and sweet hit!
Talk about a bittersweet day.
- 2.5 lbs tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 poblano
- 2½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pepper
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1 cup cilantro, not chopped
- Turn broiler on low. Place poblano on small oven sheet and place in oven under broiler. Let broil for 5 minutes, or until blistered then turn quarter the way. Let blister again, and turn again. Repeat until entire pepper is roasted. Keep an eye on it though, as it may blister fast!!
- Remove pepper from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cool, peel off blistered skin of pepper; trying not to remove too much of the actual pepper.
- Place tomatoes and poblano in large blender and turn on until roughly chopped. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Let refrigerate for 3 hours to blend flavors together.
Hungry for more Mexican dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!