This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
With only one bowl and not one, but three types of chocolate, these Healthier Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies are the pure bliss!
If there is one way to kick Monday’s booty it is with chocolate.
With three types of chocolate to be exact! Because what other way can we all be comforted with the reality that the weekend is no more?
On Friday, we decided that our month of healthy eating had to be interrupted for red velvet cookie dough because life is all about balance right? We don’t all need to go crazy because we have been consuming all the healthy dishes this month to counter act the cookies we enjoyed last month.
I didn’t think one type of chocolate would do, nor would cookies. And fudge brownies are far superior to their cake like counterpart. At least in my opinion! The base of these brownies start with a bit of sugar (because they are dessert after all), cocoa powder and to lighten them up, applesauce and egg whites! We lightened up granola with applesauce before but I love replacing the butter and oil in baked goods as well! And the other secret ingredient to help bind these brownies and provide a protein boost: egg whites!
I sure do love egg whites! They are my go-to breakfast and more times than I would like to admit, my dinner. They make a quick, protein packed meal. And they can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs. Being naturally fat free and cholesterol free, I love how versatile AllWhites Egg Whites can be from simple scrambled eggs and omelets to baked goods, such as these fudge brownies!
Now that we have decided our base has our first chocolate, cocoa powder, there are still two other types of chocolates left! The second is melted semi sweet chocolate, which helps contribute to that fudgy brownie we all adore. And the third is mini chocolate chips, which scatter all throughout the batter. Making for each bite loaded with chocolate, super chewy and almost molten lava cake like. Because we all know how irresistible those melty chocolate cakes can be!
With almost a month of healthy eating under our belt, I think we all have some wiggle room for some rich, decadent triple chocolate fudge brownies.
10 minPrep Time
28 minCook Time
38 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup Better'n Eggs®
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil (or coconut oil, which I used)
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Stir in applesauce, Better'n Eggs, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir. Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Recipe is from All Whiltes
Hungry for more chocolate?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!1