These Hot & Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps is the perfect quick dinner or lunch! Filled with a spicy Thai slaw, grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese and drizzled with an addicting Sriracha honey aioli!
Can I tell you how much spring is on my brain?
As in, gimme all da light, refreshing and ‘no need to turn on that stinkin oven’ recipes!
Raise your hand if you love spring and summer recipes for the fact that it’s perfectly acceptable to make dinner around fresh ingredients. Such as my zucchini Caprese salad. Hint Hint…it is on repeat from now until the end of August.
OH. How could I forget! Guess who celebrated his FIRST half birthday yesterday? Oh yes. My little peanut. His little dimples. His deep belly laughs. His love of bath time. His love of scootin’ at the speed of light. And the look in his eyes when he sees his daddy and me. How can you not get butterflies in your stomach when someone gets THAT excited to see you?
I know the hubs loves me…but he just doesn’t get overly excited each time I walk in the room. Oya.
I always heard around 6 months, things change. For the better. Their personalities come out more and more each day. And the days don’t seem quite as long. Maybe because he is sleeping longer? Which means mama gets more sleep. I would be lying to say that the first 4 to 5 months weren’t rough. I mean real rough. Each obstacle we overcame, just proved to me that I didn’t have all that much to worry about. No one can predict how your day will go or your babies unique actions, but you adjust and figure everything out. That is the fun of parenting. You do it your way. Not a way that top selling book tells you, or the way that worked for your girlfriends little one. But that’s the roller coaster of parenting. It’s unique to you. And as for those long days that still occur? There is coffee in the morning to cheer me on and wine in the evening to cheer me up…
Whoa. Didn’t mean to get all mushy on you but that is what happens here with our virtual friendship.
So these wraps? Say hello to my favorite quick dinner since having Aiden. During those early months, post baby, I had planned to make a delicious dinner, but too often it was thrown out the window. We resorted to a restaurant down the street that has some killer, fresh eats. This wrap being one of them. My hubs obsession with their mahi mahi tacos is a bit extreme. Mmmm.
Back to these Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps. They are spicy. A bit sweet. Stupid easy and perfect for those nights that you want dinner on the table in no time. If you want to make these even quicker, bake the chicken ahead of time, store in the fridge then you are set when the dinner bell rings!
The sauce is what makes these wraps. So don’t skip it. On second thoughts. Double it. Because everybodyyyyy will be asking for more! It is a simple mixture of light mayo, sriracha, honey and lime. I slather it on just about everything now so a double batch is always required. It holds so well in the fridge! A tip? Try it on your egg sammies for a powerful punch to your morning!
Lastly, the slaw! With its crunchiness and freshness, it provides the ideal balance to the sweet and spicy flavors going on. Again, slice up the veggies ahead of time, then dress right before serving.
With juicy chicken. Sweet, highly addictive, spicy sauce and the crunchiest slaw….these wraps have it goin onnnnnnn.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
These Hot & Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps is the perfect quick dinner or lunch! Filled with a spicy thai slaw, grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese and drizzled with an addicting Sriracha honey aioli!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pound lean chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 whole wheat wraps (or gluten free wraps, if needed)
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 heaping cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 heaping cup chopped cilantro (leaves and stems)
- Honey Sriracha Aioli:
- 1/4 cup light organic mayo
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 11/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Quarter of 1 lime
- Chicken: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place chicken in prepared baking dish.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken from oven and set aside and keep warm.
- Slaw: Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, onions, red pepper and cilantro.
- Honey Srirachi Aioli: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mag, honey, sriracha, garlic powder, salt, white pepper and juice of lime. Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of the aioli to the slaw and mix well.
- When chicken is done cooking, divide the cheese between the 2 whole wheat wraps. Top with chicken, slaw then fold wrap around mixture to close.
- Serve immediately with remaining aioli to dip.
*You may need to drain the slaw before adding to the wrap as it may make it soggy.
Looking for more spicy dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!33