Honey Chipotle Crispy Baked Wings are an easy and healthy game dish! They are coated in a spicy chipotle rub, baked to crispy perfection then smothered in a honey lime sauce!
about these Honey Chipotle Crispy Baked Wings
Ironically, more than one great thing came out of being pregnant. The obvious one being my little guy, but the second? My love of sweet and spicy foods. I took the flavors of our favorite tacos, Honey Chipolte Chicken Tacos and turned them into my husband’s favorite game-day snack.
The combination of sweet, spicy and the hint of citrus makes for one appealing flavor palate. So for your next tailgate or BBQ, give these a try!
Ingredients needed for these crispy baked wings
- Chicken Wings
- Baking Powder
- Chili Powder
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce (or Chipotle Powder, if gluten-free or paleo)
- Garlic Salt (or Garlic Powder and Salt)
- Onion Powder
- Ground Coriander
- Lime Juice
how to make these crispy baked wings
This recipe is super simple to make! No worrying about standing over a hot grill to get that crispy skin. The secret lies in the baking powder!
- First, you will mix the rub ingredients together in a large plastic bag. This makes it easier to coat the wings evenly.
- Add the wings and shake them up! When they are coated evenly, place them on a cooling rack atop a baking sheet. The cooling rack ensures air circulates all the way around the wings helping even more with the crispy skin.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy!
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Honey Lime Sauce and cook in a small saucepan until thickened slightly.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately!
What about the Honey Lime Sauce?
I adore this honey lime sauce! It is simple and so versatile. You can leave the cornstarch out to make a tasty marinade for veggies, chicken and even pork. You can drizzle it over the finished product and even add to a starch, such as rice or quinoa to add last minute flavor!
What to serve with these crispy baked wings recipe
how to store these crispy baked wings
Wings are best right after being made but if you want to prepare a big batch, I would refrain from tossing them in the Honey Lime Sauce until serving. And I would also crisp the wings back up in the oven under broil for a few minutes before enjoying.
more easy appetizer recipes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Sriracha Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
- Honey Sriracha Hummus