This Caramel Macchiato Coffee Cake is a family favorite, revamped! Tender, cinnamon loaded and perfectly sweet thanks to a secret ingredient!
Change your morning plans. We are indulging in a caramel spiked coffee cake!
With Friday upon us, cake for breakfast is totally reasonable. I mean, pour yourself a cup of coffee and you have a complete meal.
We have some carbs, some protein and a tad bit of fat. Healthy perfect meal.
For a Friday….
One of my secret breakfast love affairs is coffee cake. Tender, full of cinnamon flavor and a sweet icing that is drizzled all over. This is the time that more is better.
Every brunch I attend, I secretly keep my fingers crossed that they will have coffee cake. Upon arrival, I try not to act too overly excited as I scan the breakfast table for a luscious cake. And when there is, my heart starts to sing!
So when the baby started craving a delicious coffee cake a few weeks ago, who am I to say no? But this is no ordinary coffee cake. I swapped out yogurt for coffee creamer! International Delight Caramel Macchiato coffee creamer to be exact! This stuff is highly addictive. Silky, hints of caramel and subtly sweet. The perfect addition to your morning cup of joe. I chose the fat-free, sugar-free version which helps me to add some pizazz to my morning coffee.
And it couldn’t be any easier to whip up. Did I mention it only requires one bowl? That is heaven sent when you already have a couple of other breakfast dishes going on. As in I get rather overwhelmed when baking because of all the ingredients I have sitting out. As in anxiety. So less is more here, folks.
And last but not least, don’t forget the drizzle! I mixed powdered sugar with the Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer for an extra sweet finish. And let me tell you, drizzle away. You won’t regret it!
International Delight is all about Delightful Moments and taking a few moments to create delights in your day! And don’t you all think starting your day with a caramel loaded coffee cake is pretty delightful?
Make sure to sign up for International Delight Newsletter and don’t forget to visit International Delight on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to not miss any promotions, sweepstakes and coupons! And hungry for more International Delight recipes? Visit them on Pinterest!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup packed Truvia brown sugar or ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup Sugar Free International Delight Caramel Macchiato Creamer (or milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons
Fat Free, Sugar FreeInternational Delight Caramel Macchiato Creamer
- About 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spraythe bottom only of 9x9 inchsquare pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, Truvia brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the egg, egg white, coffee creamer, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Add half of the cake mixture to the prepared pan. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle with half of the streusel topping. Drop the remaining batter on top by the spoonful. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes in preheated oven or
a until toothpickinserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the glaze over the coffee cake and serve immediately.
Hungry for more breakfast treats?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.