A skinny makeover of a restaurant classic! Skinny Baked Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos combine two of my favorites into one flavorful dish that is ready in 20 minutes!
Do you think I’m holiday confused?
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, detailed and deveined
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Zest of 1 Lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chile powder
- Chile Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chile sauce or my homemade sauce
- 1 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- To Serve:
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- Sliced purple cabbage
- Lime wedge
- Shrimp: Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease a wire rack and place over a lined baking sheet.
- Pat shrimp completely dry. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. In another bowl combine coconut, cayenne, salt, pepper and zest of 1 lime.
- Dip shrimp in egg, then into coconut until evenly coated. Place on wire cookie rack, evenly spaced apart to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until coconut is lightly brown.
- Chile Sauce: While the shrimp are
cooking, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To Serve: Heat tortillas either on stovetop or in microwave. When shrimp are done cooking, divide between the tortillas, drizzle with the chile sauce, top with cabbage and cilantro. Serve immediately with a lime wedge.
Hungry for more shrimp dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!