Cheesy Firecracker Baked Chicken Taquitos are a healthier alternative to their store bought sidekicks! Filled with gooey, spicy cheese, corn, chicken and peppers, they are super crispy thanks to a quick bake in the oven!
Please tell me you devoured those chicken and cheese taquitos when you were younger? The ones that come out a freezer and were made for sleepovers or afternoons snacks after school.
I don’t think there was every a time when a box of those weren’t hiding in our freezer. They were life savors and were a party on a plate to a bunch of high schoolers. Slap a bit bowl of salsa down with those and a endless bowl of chips. And we were happy campers.
While I would love to relive those party moments, I have decided to brew up my own batch. And I obsessing over their replacement. Obsessing. Gooey cheese. Juicy chicken. And spicy peppers all wrapped in a tortilla that is ultra crispy. Don’t worry, there is no fryer in sight. These babies are baked; making them so much figure friendly! Or just another reason to grab two (or five…) more really.
In case you live under a rock, there is a big football game approaching and snack food is all the rage for it. Just like this sriracha bacon beer cheese dip. It is every guys dreams food. And these firecracker cheesy chicken taquitos are next up for game day eats!
Not only do taquitos make me think of my childhood, they also make me think of bar food. But since we are staying in for the big game, I bring the bar food to us! Juicy chicken is mixed with spicy pepper jack cheese and poblano peppers. If you can’t find poblanos, used canned diced chiles. They will work just fine! Then add a few other mix ins, such as corn, black beans, tomatoes and cilantro. Wrap them up and send them in for a quick back to get all crispy. Pull them out, then dunk them into the best part. Avocado ranch dipping sauce, thanks to Sabra’s Farmer’s Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip and Sabra’s Guacamole. It’s highly addicting, creamy and brings home the ranch flavor for these spicy rolls! The ranch has 75% less fat and 60% fewer calories compared to other ranch dips. And the guacamole is full of flavor and slightly chunky, just like a homemade kind, saving you time and labor of whipping up your own batch.
Before you run to the kitchen to make these delicious chicken taquitos, there’s a great deal happening and it’s just in time for the big game! Hit up Sabra’s Buy, Snap, Score promo where you’ll get a $5 gift card if you buy Sabra and Stacy’s together before 2.15.2016. Which is perfect since you may want to snag that ranch dip and guacamole…
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ½ cup whole kernel sweet corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, diced (or 1 4 oz can diced green chiles)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 10 Small whole wheat flour tortillas (gluten free or white if you like those better)
- Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Sabra’s Greek Style Ranch Dip
- ½ cup Sabra Guacamole
- Taquitos: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two large baking sheets generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes, poblano pepper, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat workspace. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Then top with a bit of cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla to form the taquitos, then place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until all of your taquitos are prepared.
- Spray the top of each tortilla with baking spray (this will help crisp them up).
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, add the ranch dip and guacamole. Mix well and serve with taquitos.
Looking for more easy appetizers?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by the Sabra Dipping Company brand. But as always, opinions are my own! Thank you so much for supporting the brands that With Salt and Wit loves!0