Take a bite out of these homemade, 20 minute black bean burgers that come together with pantry items and topped with a sweet, pineapple salsa!
Let’s say moderation is key in life.
I hit the mark abouttttt 73% percent of the time. With veggie and protein filled lunches. Smoothies filled with nutrients and loads of greens. But the other 27% of the time is reserved for indulgences.
So, with spring right around the corner, I am stoked for my cravings to shift to lighter fares that are still hearty enough to cure any comfort food craving. And with warmer days, means more dinners that the hubs is willing to lend a helping hand with. Music to my ears! As by the time evening rolls around, dinners consisting of wine sound more and more appealing…27% remember?
Since wine for dinner hardly cuts it, I rely on quick, pantry item dinners that can be whipped up within one episode of Mickey’s clubhouse. Oh, how that show has saved our dinners from going cold.
These burgers are exactly the ticket to a hearty dinner that is lighter plus full of spring flavor. I couldn’t wait any longer to pull out of the fruit salsas. An instant way to transport your dinner to spring!
These burgers are made in one bowl; essential for quick dinners. The beans are lightly mashed, then mixed with cilantro, seasonings and spices and formed into patties. Throw those babies on a preheated skillet and let them sizzle. While the edges get crispy, mix up the salsa. It reminds of lake days as we love to make shrimp tacos with mango salsa. Sweet, a bit spicy and a family favorite!
These burgers get even better; you can form the patties and whip up the salsa ahead of time! Just cook right before serving. Then, we are talking about a 10 minute dinner! But just burgers wouldn’t cut it and what is a burger without fries? A staple in our house is Alexia Sweet Potato Fries. As a gal that has never really been a french fry lover, I will always choose sweet potatoes over regular fries. I love Alexia fries for many reasons. They are made with wholesome ingredients, lightly seasoned and the perfect balance of sweet and savory that I look for in my sweet potato fries!
They bake in just 20 minutes; so they are ideal to add to any meal. Simply let them bake away then prepare your burgers. When the timer goes off, you are ready to indulge in one healthy and stress-free dinner that will be a hit for that 73% of life! Dig in friends.
Giveaway now closed.
My good friends over at Alexia are giving away a gift basket filled with an Alexia Thermal Tote, Alexia Oven Mitt, Alexia Bag Clip, Alexia Coupons and an Amazon Giftcard! To enter, simply comment below with your favorite quick, family meal! This giveaway is open to all 18+, US citizens. Giveaway will run from March 7th, 2016 to March 14th, 2016, 11:59 PM.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
Take a bite out of these 20 Minute, homemade black bean burgers that come together with pantry items and topped with a sweet, pineapple salsa!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 (15.25-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- To Serve:
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, lightly mash the black beans. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro, panko, garlic, cheese, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and egg whites. Stir until well combined.
- With moistened hands, divide bean mixture into 6 equal portions (about 1/3 cup mixture per portion), shaping each into a 3-inch patty.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium- high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the patties to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes or until bottom is browned. Carefully flip and cook for 3 minutes or until bottom edges are browned.
- While burgers cook, combine all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Toast the buns, if desired.
- To serve, add black bean burger to the bottom of a toasted bun, top with salsa and lettuce. Finish with top
burnand serve immediately.
*Use Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs and Bun, if needed
Wanting more quick dinner ideas?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by the ConAgra Foods. But as always, opinions are my own! Thank you so much for supporting the brands that With Salt and Wit loves!19