Homemade coconut peanut butter could not be easier! Roasted peanuts and coconut oil are blended until velvety – grab a spoon and dip in!
It’s so yesterday to make a bold statement such as having an infatuation with peanut butter. Its my second love. Next to ice cream obviously.
So when I came across this peanut butter, I immediately found a new best friend. Creamy, perfectly silky peanut butter with the addition of coconut oil? Sign me up.
Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil has become a staple in our household and for a good reason. It is a heart healthy oil with a benefit list a mile long; as it helps lower bad cholesterol, balances hormones and helps trim your waist line. Plus, it smells like a pina colada. Have I mentioned my love of pina colada’s yet? Okay, well there you now know, along with what to order me next time we are out. In the kitchen, we use this oil for everything from stir fries to coating sweet potatoes before roasting as it has higher heat point than olive and vegetable oils. Beyond the kitchen it has many uses; my personal favorite is making our own body scrubs and lotions with a natural SPF of 4 built right in. I also create an incredible deep conditioner by coating my hair, wrapping it in a towel for an hour, then washing out. Talk about silky, soft hair!
Back to the love of peanut butter…as I have had this idea roaming around in my head for quite some time, I don’t have the slightest excuse for as why I haven’t just whipped it up already. Probably scared of the loud turbo jet engine noises my Vita-Mix makes when flip that puppy on high. Its frightening. Well, just for you friend, I have put my fears aside and finally made it. What I wasn’t expecting was the combination of coconut oil and roasted, lightly salted peanuts to make this mouth-watering spread that is simply amazing on toast, added to smoothies, on top of ice cream, the list could go on. Not to mention, takes a fraction of the time than to hop your little butt in the car and pick up a jar at the store; wayyyyy cheaper and more delicious than the store bought kind. That is so yesterday anyways.
Someone help me and take the spoon. I’m in deep.
Homemade peanut butter could not be easier! Roasted peanuts and coconut oil are blended until velvety - grab a spoon and dip in!
- 3 cup roasted, lightly salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Add peanuts to food processor, or Vita-Mix. For food processor, turn on low, then increase speed. Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Place the lid back on and continue to process while slowly drizzling in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- For Vita-Mix, turn machine on Variable 1 and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades. After 15 seconds on high, take off high, and drop to Variable 5, enough for the mixture to turn smoothly. Add oil and let process until desired consistency is reached.
- Place in airtight container. You can store in fridge or in pantry. Just note, if stored in the fridge, the peanut butter will harden slightly due to the coconut oil. I choose to store in the pantry.
Are we staying in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? Thanks for stopping by and subscribe to The Housewife in Training Files to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box. 85