One Pot Cheesy Taco Zucchini Noodles is a healthy spin on Taco Tuesday! Zucchini noodles, enchilada spiced ground turkey, black beans, corn and creamy avocado help makeover this dish!
about these Taco Zucchini Noodles
These Cheesy Taco Zucchini Noodles sure do put a spin on Taco Tuesday! I morphed all the flavors of a traditional taco into this healthy, one pot zucchini noodle recipe! The base of this recipe starts with zucchini noodles that have been spiralized. While you could simply cut them very thin or use a mandoline, spiralizing them justs makes them more fun to eat! Jennie O Ground Turkey is swapped for ground beef to lighten up the dish. We have been making the switch to ground turkey for a few years now, and I have my whole family on board!
I create my own homemade enchilada sauce, then all my favorite taco salad fixings join the party. Black beans, tomatoes, crisp, sweet corn, and creamy avocado. The real cherry on top? A good helping of cheddar that makes this one gooey dish of cheesy heaven!
ingredients you’ll need
- Ground Turkey
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Garnishes: Avocado, Green Onions
how to make this Taco Zucchini Noodles
- Prepare the zucchini noodles by spiralizing them. The best way is to use a spiralizer or if you do not have one you can use a vegetable peeler snd slicing thin like noodles. Pat dry with a paper towel. (This step can be done up to 3 days in advance. Simply store zoodles in an airtight container with a paper towel to help absorb excess moisture.)
- Cook the ground turkey in a large skillet. You can drain the excess fat if you wish.
- Now time to add our homemade enchilada sauce. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir well to fully incorporate. Cook until it thickens.
- Add the black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, or until starting to heat through.
- Add the spiralized zucchini noodles, cook for 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Remove from stove, top with sliced avocado and sprinkle with green onions and more cheddar cheese if desired.
how to make zucchini noodles
Zucchini noodles are long, thin strands of zucchini that resemble pasta noodles. They are a low carb alternative that adds a tasty serving of vegetables to your day. The best way to make zucchini noodles is by using a spiralizer, such as this one. (disclaimer: this is an affiliate link and I will earn a small commission at no cost to you if you buy through my link.)
To make vegetable noodles with a spiralizer:
- Cut the ends off the zucchini.
- Make sure the spiralizer is secure on the counter.
- Add the zucchini by skewering one end and the other end to the blades.
- Turn the handle to press the zucchini through the blades. Done!
how to store
This dish does reheat really well but the zucchini noodles may release some liquid. That is perfectly normal and it will help to create a smoother dish when reheated! The best way to store Taco Zucchini Noodles is in a an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. This is a great opportunity to meal prep for future lunches or dinners. Simply divide into individual containers, and voila, your meals are ready for you for the week!
meal prep tips:
spiralize the zucchini ahead of time, store in the fridge, in a sealed container until ready to prepare.
this dish reheats wonderfully!
if looking to make the meal prep easier, combine the ingredients for the enchilada sauce ahead of time (or use prepared.)
more easy dinner ideas: