Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers are filled with southwestern, low carb cauliflower rice and mixed with cheesy, enchilada chicken. Perfect to make ahead and bake later!
about these Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers
I can’t get over these cauliflower rice stuffed peppers! They cure that craving for cheesy, Mexican comfort food. Using bell peppers as the cups and subbing cauliflower rice helps reduce the carbs while upping your servings of veggies. Which works out perfectly because my hands cannot stay out of the chip bowl!
Ingredients you’ll need for these Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers:
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Rice Cauliflower
- Lime Juice
- Chili Powder
- Cooked Chicken
- Enchilada Sauce
- Black Beans
- Bell Peppers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Avocado, Salsa & Cilantro
how to make these stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice
To prepare the peppers, it’s rather simple but moves quickly! I would suggest having your veggies cut and ready, along with your seasonings measured out, so you are prepared to add them to the pan when it’s time.
- Start by sauteing the onion until soft. Then add cauliflower rice, garlic, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir to combine and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the peppers. Top with cheese. Cover with foil then place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and peppers are warmed through.
- To serve, top with avocado, salsa, and cilantro.
Can you prepare these cauliflower rice stuffed peppers ahead of time?
Yes! These cauliflower rice stuffed peppers are ideal to make ahead of time then bake the night of dinner!
- To make ahead of time, you can do 1 of 2 things: First, you can make the stuffing then store it in a sealed container and stuff before baking. Or secondly, you can prepare the filling and stuff the peppers, then store the filled peppers until you are ready to bake. Both taste just as delicious! Since stuffing peppers may be more time consuming then you wish for a weeknight, I suggest preparing these peppers on the weekend to make a weeknight dinner that much easier.
- These rice stuffed peppers taste great reheated! You can either place back in the oven to reheat (at 375 degrees F) or reheat in the microwave!
How to store these easy stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice
The best way to store the peppers is in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. This is a great opportunity to meal prep for future lunches and dinners. Simply divide the rice stuffed peppers into individual containers. And voila, your meals are ready for the week!
more easy chicken breast recipes