A healthy and filling, One Pot Thai Quinoa Bowl filled with crunchy veggies and drizzled with a spicy and addicting peanut sauce!
This is me trying to be healthy before a week of glutinous eating.
Before the most iconic week of marathon eating begins, I am attempting to get my fill of veggies, whole grains and lean proteins before my veggies are drenched in brown sugar, bourbon glazed turkey and butter smothered Hawaiian rolls.
Lets chit chat a bit about Thanksgiving day deets.
How many turkey day meals do you get to enjoy? Are you one of the all day grazers? Or do you start with a sugary breakfast of cinnamon rolls, like how we do! Then move onto heavy appetizers that could pass as a dinner on their own? Coming in third, the prized dinner and wrapping it all up with dessert?
Or do you start dinner early, only to go for round two later in the day?! However you get your fill, I hope you have endless options to choose from!
Once Thursday hits, diets are out the window. Indulge in those treats at your holiday parties. Eat every cookie at your cookie exchange party and cheers with one more cocktail! This time of the year surpasses all others as everyone seems cheerier, Christmas music is on replay, and the twinkle of the Christmas lights is enough to warm me from the inside.
But before all diet gluttony commences, this is my final attempt to be bikini ready before we head to Mexico in January.
The peanut sauce really helps to tie this entire dish together, so I highly suggest serving a bit of sauce on the side! Because not always less is more!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 cups precooked, chopped chicken
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- For Garnish:
- Handful Cilantro
- ¼ cup Chopped Peanuts
- Quinoa Bowl: In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the minced garlic, and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, red cabbage and carrots. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, chicken stock, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff. Add the edamame and chicken. Stir in and let cook 1 - 2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
- To Make the Peanut Sauce: While quinoa cooks, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well until completely smooth.
- To Serve: In a bowl, add the quinoa mixture, top with peanut sauce, cilantro and peanuts.
Looking for more easy meals?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!