A healthy and filling, One Pot Thai Quinoa Bowl filled with crunchy veggies and drizzled with a spicy and addicting peanut sauce!
about this Thai Quinoa Bowl
ingredients you’ll need for this Thai Quinoa Bowl
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Red Cabbage
- Chicken Stock
- Peanut Butter
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce (or gluten free alternative)
- Sesame Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garnishes: Cilantro, Peanuts
how to make this Thai Quinoa Bowl
With all the nutrient-dense veggies here, this is practically a Thai Quinoa Salad! And it couldn’t be any easier to whip together. Hence why it is a dinner favorite. One pan. Quick. And flavorful!
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the minced garlic, and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, red cabbage and carrots. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, chicken stock, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff. Add the edamame and chicken. Stir in and let cook 1 – 2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
How to make the Best Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
Thai Peanut sauce is a perfect balance and sweet and savory! It is very versatile as it can be used as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and lettuce wraps, for a salad dressing (like here), over rice noodles, or with chicken satay. And it is simple to make.
- Simply whisk together all the ingredients.
- Add additional water to reach desired consistency.
how to store this Thai Quinoa Bowl
The best way to store Hawaiian Pork is in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
Can you prepare it ahead of time?
Yes! This healthy quinoa bowl reheats wonderfully and is ideal for meal prepping! Simply divide all into separate containers, top with peanut sauce and voila, your meals are ready for you for the week!
With one pot, some chopped veggies, an addicting peanut sauce, this Thai Quinoa Bowl just became your best friend!
meal prep tips:
this dish is perfect to reheat for lunches or dinners. Simply store in individual, microwave safe containers, store in the fridge then reheat before consuming.
to make dinner time go smoothly, ensure the chicken is cooked and chopped, along with preparing the veggies ahead of time. Store in individual containers. You can prepare the peanut sauce ahead of time as well. Whisk then store in a sealed container.