S’mores get an update with these Toasted Marshmallow Brownies as they are made healthier with oats, applesauce, two types of chocolate and then sit on top of cinnamon sugar pretzels!
Why must you want to ruin our lives? Why must you make my alarm clock sound like nails on a chalk board? Why must you make my bed feel so warm? Why must you make the weather man say that its a high of 15 degrees today just knowing I haven’t gotten my new pair of Uggs yet?
Why must you make the clock go by at snail speed? And spill my lunch on myself so I look socially unacceptable? With no apologies either.
But guess what Monday, I am here loaded with chocolate. Not one but two types. With puffy little marshmallow pillows. And sweet n salty pretzels. I am fully armed and highly suggest you rethink your Monday game plan.
A while ago I teased you all with this pic. Oh the horror!
So today, we are going to combat Monday with these not so ordinary brownies. And no they are not illegal…they are healthier brownies! Made with oats, applesauce, cocoa powder , chocolate chips and greek yogurt to ensure they are moist and rich! And we all remember my four ingredient cinnamon sugar pretzels right? Well they were dying to make a comeback so the brownies sit on bed of sweet and salty pretzels. Then to round up my updated s’mores idea, miniature marshmallows are thrown on top during the last few minutes of baking to toast and get all melty. Just like when sitting at a campfire!
Since I care about you, make sure you wait until they have completely cooled so you don’t burn your mouth. Not…dive in!
Make sure to also check out the Marshmallow Brownies with Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Cruts recipe over at Celebrations!
S'mores get an update with these Toasted Marshmallow Brownies as they are made healthier with oats, applesauce, two types of chocolate and then sit on top of cinnamon sugar pretzels!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cinnamon sugar pretzels , crushed
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp baking stevia
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup baking stevia
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 9x9 baking pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a large blender, add pretzels and grind until coarsely ground. Add melted butter and mix well. Add pretzels to sprayed baking pan. Press down pretzels so they cover the until pan and are pressed down evenly.
- In that same blender, add oats and grind until flour consistency. Add pumpkin, applesauce, greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, salt, baking powder, baking soda, stevia, and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth. Transfer to another bowl and add chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour into baking dish with the pretzels.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Sprinkle marshmallows on top, and broil for 1 minute. Keep an eye on them as they burn quickly!
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
Craving more treats?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!0