A sweet and spicy combo is the perfect pair in this Honey Sriracha Hummus that takes minutes to throw together!
I feel guilty.
I have neglected Sriracha for too long. I thought it was only reserved for Asian foods. Or people who enjoy lighting their mouths on fire.
When I was younger, I was not an adventurous eater. What eight year olds palate was? My diet consisted of chicken fingers, with ketchup none the less, ranch dressing with a side salad (omg. gag.), ice cream “bowls”, and brown sugar pop tarts. Yes, my mother did feed me a well balanced diet those are the foods that stuck out in memory and too this day, I still hold a special place in my heart for. Except the ranch. That stuff I can do without.
But as I have aged, so have my taste buds. Nothing uncommon but one thing that I am thankful for while aging.
Honey Sriracha Hummus is not for the faint of heart. It is full on heat, super velvety and slightly sweet all in one bit. It is pure heaven. Especially when you are feeling a bit bi polar and unsure what you are craving. The flavors may sound odd, but Mr HIT and I couldn’t stop eating this. As in, we polished off this entire batch Valentine’s Day weekend.
No better way to say “I love you” than with some fire. Amiright?
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a blender, add the garbanzo beans and puree until pretty smooth.
- Add the Sriracha, olive oil and honey. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the garlic powder and salt. Blend again. Taste and season with salt to your liking.
- With the blender running on low, add the cold water slowly through the lid. Once all the water is in, let puree until creamy. You may need to scrap down the sides.
Craving more hummus?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!0