A nutrient and superfood dense salad – this Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Salad is bursting with flavors and drizzled with a light, Lemon Basil Vinaigrette!
I have a confession.
I am an addict to making hearty salads. One dish meals. Nutrient dense, hearty one dish meals.
You could say I love the nutritional boost from them. But also, I secretly love the idea of less dishes. Makes for one happy cook!
It’s no secret that I have a love with quinoa. Caramelized butternut squash quinoa salad. To walnut and kale quinoa salad to even quinoa encrusted chicken fingers. No dish is safe from my love affair. But I don’t see anyone complaining. And if you are, I am glad we are separated by the internet world. Kidding!
With all the summer produce in abundance, one of my ‘go-t0’ make ahead meals is a quinoa salad bursting with said summer produce. Grilled zucchini, sweet corn, crunch red peppers, and sweet red onion mix with fluffy, whole grain quinoa. Then drizzled with a homemade vinaigrette that ties it all together. The basil freshens the salad and the lemon adds the brightness. Simply drizzle. Let marinate then chow down!
A nutrient and superfood dense salad - this Grilled Summer Vegetable Quinoa Salad is bursting with flavors and drizzled with a light, Lemon Basil Vinaigrette!
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 red peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced thick
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Spray or rub corn with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil. Lay on grill & turn once one side is charred. Remove from heat and let cool. Slice the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Grease a grill basket and add the zucchini, peppers and onion. Place on grill. Toss every few minutes and cook under tender-crisp. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- While veggies grill, cook the quinoa according to the package. Once cooked, remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- For the Vinaigrette, combine all ingredients.
- Add the corn, veggies and vinaigrette to the quinoa bowl. Toss to combine all. Serve.
*This salad is great served the next day as the flavors deepen. Just reheat in the microwave.
Looking for more healthy salads?10