This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Whole Earth Sweetener Co. for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter Energy Bites require only 5 ingredients and only a few minutes of your time to have a sweet, salty and a wholesome snack!
As I see it, there are more than 5 five groups.
- To balance out the chocolate.
- Because a few bananas a day keeps the doctor away. Or something like that.
- Gotta love those carbs.
- Or Beans. Because hummus is a perfectly acceptable meal.
- Let’s be honest. Cheese dominates this one.
- And lastly, sweet snacks. Again, because we already had our veggies.
Over the past year, I have placed a much heavier emphasis on self nurturing. Whether that means going to bed before the sun goes down (no shame), having a glass of wine as my afternoon snack, or dragging myself to the gym because I know that yoga class will be good for my soul. But, it also means focusing on real food. Real ingredients.
One of the best ways to show yourself love is by the food you give yourself. When I set out to heal my PCOS 5 or so years ago, I knew heading to the farmers market and not the pharmacy was the path I wanted to take. I wanted to heal myself and I did that. Through food. I removed the questionable ingredients and therefore, I have more energy and my PCOS is a thing of the past now.
Do you remember my salted chocolate oat bars? Oh, those little nine ingredient pieces of heaven? Yup, made with 100% real ingredients and they rocked our world. Buttery crust, smooth chocolate, and a homemade salted caramel layer. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. And what do they have in common with our almond butter energy bites?
They are both:
- Two bites.
- Sweet and salty.
- Come together ridiculously fast.
- No bake.
- Crush that sweet tooth.
- And both made with real ingredients!
If I am completely honest, there have been far too many days where these little, sweet packages of bliss have been my soul source of food. Good news for anyone else that seeks convenience while gazing into the fridge. That is when these little two bite gems come into play!
I whipped up these coconut vanilla almond butter energy bites out of an effort to get my little guy to eat. He has never been the greatest eater. More concerned with playing…but once he got ahold of these sweet, salty and buttery bites, he was hooked. I mean eating a couple in a sitting. He just couldn’t resist.
If you haven’t made no bake oatmeal energy bites before, now is your time! You can customize them in nearly any way you want (they are kinda hard to screw up.) There is oats, coconut, vanilla almond butter, protein powder for a nutritional boost and honey to hold everyone together. Keep the proportions relatively close and you are set up for success! For today’s snack, I used Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50. It has 50% fewer calories than traditional honey per serving (as it calls to use half the amount for the same sweetness), is organic, and non-GMO project verified. Beyond using in healthy snacks, it adds that perfect finishing touch to your yogurt, tea and fruit!
With one bowl, 5 ingredients and only a few minutes of your time, you have a quick, two bite wholesome snack that is perfectly suitable to call dinner! Just don’t forget that glass of wine. We are self nurturing today, remember.
meal prep tips:
these almond butter energy bites are perfect to prepare on sunday and snack all week long! They will last 2 weeks in the fridge.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (about 30g or 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the almond butter and Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until soft.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the oats, protein powder and coconut. Stir until fully combined.
- Roll into 20 bite size balls. (If mixture is too soft to roll, place in refrigerator for 20 minutes or so to harden up.)
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.