This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Whole Earth Sweetener Co. for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter Protein Ball Recipe requires only 5 ingredients and a few minutes of your time to have a sweet, salty and wholesome snack!
about this Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter Protein Ball Recipe
I whipped up this healthy protein ball recipe out of an effort to get my littlest gal to have protein in her diet. That girl loves her carbs! But once she got ahold of these sweet, salty and buttery bites, she was hooked. I mean eating a couple in a sitting. She just couldn’t resist.
- Two bites.
- Sweet and salty.
- Come together ridiculously fast.
- No bake.
- Crush that sweet tooth.
- And made with real ingredients!
ingredients you’ll need for these Coconut Vanilla Almond Butter Protein Ball Recipe
- Smooth Almond Butter
- HOney or Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
how to make protein balls
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and protein powder.
- To make mixing easier, microwave the almond butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 20 seconds, or until mixture is easily combined when stirred.
- Add almond butter mixture to oat mixture. Stir until mixed.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is firm, roll into 16 balls.
- Store in an airtight container.
how to store healthy protein balls
These healthy protein balls store so well so they are always in my fridge for snacking. Simply store in a airtight container for 7-10 days.
can you freeze protein balls
Yes! This is one of my meal prep secrets. I always make a double batch, then freeze the extras. Remove from the freezer, add to an airtight container and let thaw in the fridge.
what is Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50?
For today’s snack, I used Whole Earth Sweetener Honey 50. It has 50% fewer calories than traditional honey per serving (as it calls to use half the amount for the same sweetness), is organic, and non-GMO project verified. Beyond using in healthy snacks, it adds that perfect finishing touch to your yogurt, tea and fruit!
With one bowl, 5 ingredients and only a few minutes of your time, you have a quick, two bite wholesome snack that is perfectly suitable to call dinner! Just don’t forget that glass of wine. We are self nurturing today, remember.
meal prep tips:
these almond butter energy bites are perfect to prepare on sunday and snack all week long! They will last 2 weeks in the fridge.
more healthy snack recipes