These Peppermint Crunch White Chocolate Blondies are super chewy and have the perfect sweetness! Finished off with a Greek yogurt cream cheese peppermint frosting, they are the perfect winter treat!
With Christmas less than two weeks away (!!), I feel like I am up to my eyeballs in cookies, cheesecake and a healthier soup to balance out said sweets. I mean it is the season of giving so what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t suggest some Christmas treats for you?
Have you started your holiday baking? Have you spent an entire day destroying your kitchen, covering it in flour and finding melted chocolate in places you didn’t think possible?
Luckily, I didn’t destroy my kitchen, rather my sister in-laws. I gladly accepted her invitation to do the baking at her house this year. Which works perfectly since I can blame my messiness on my almost three-year old niece. I am such a nice aunt, huh?
No, but really. Yesterday, My sister-in-law, my two nieces and I dipped, mixed and frosted so many chocolate treats that I am still on a sugar high. Everything from her favorite scotch a roos, chocolate dipped pretzels, mint dipped Ritz crackers to these Peppermint Crunch White Chocolate Blondies! While the chocolate dipped pretzels will always make me swoon, but this year my heart is crushing over these white chocolate blondies.
I can never say no to white chocolate treats and these are no exception. The blondie is the perfect balance of sweet and are incredibly chewy and tender. All things that blondies (and cookies..) should be if you ask me! I know there are people who vote for crunchy cookies and in all honesty, I think you are crazy.
We should reconsider our friendship if you are a crunchy cookie lover.
Kidding! Sorta. I will still love you no matter what way you prefer your cookies. But bottom line, chewy blondies rule! And you need to add these Peppermint Crunch White Chocolate Blondies to your holiday baking list.
Do it! You wont regret it.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (measured by the spoon and scoop method)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ truvia
- 1/16 tsp peppermint extract (or to taste)
- Crushed Peppermint candies, for sprinkling
- Blondies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x9 inch non-stick baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In stand mixer or large bowl, add the sugars, butter, egg whites, applesauce and butter extract. Whisk for 4 minutes, or until creamy, light and appears slightly fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions. Mix until the batter is just combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips. Add the batter to the prepared baking pan. You may need to smooth out the batter to make it even.
- Bake 27-28 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don't over-bake the bars as you want them chewy! Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Frosting: To prepare the frosting; whisk the greek yogurt and the cream cheese tougher. In a blender, add the truvia and turn on to powder the sugar. Add to the greek yogurt mixture. Stir well. Add the peppermint extract. Refrigerate the frosting until the bars are cool.
- When ready to serve, spread the frosting onto the blondies and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies. Cut into
- *To melt the chocolate, place in a microwave safe cup and heat 15 seconds; stir. Another 15 seconds; stir until the chocolate is melted. Cut into 4 large squares, then cut each square in half to make triangles. Store bars in the refrigerator.
Want some more holiday baking ideas?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!