Fluffy and easy, healthy vanilla greek yogurt pancakes you can whip up quickly for a delicious, whole grain breakfast!
Hallelujah, it’s Friday!
I would love to say this week flew by and truth be told, it sorta did. I felt like the beginning of the week crawled. Then, Wednesday and Thursday felt like a never ending 24 hours.
Despite the long last few days, I have enjoyed every minute of it. Yesterday, I took a break from photographing and spent a couple of hours at the pool with my sister in law and nieces. It was beau-ti-ful here in KC and ideal for basking in the sun. While I was there, we were chatting with another mom and she was saying how adorable my nieces were as her teenager son joined her at the pool. She then said something that really dug deep.
“The days are long but the years go quickly.”
Rather ironic as this Sunday, is my 1st wedding anniversary! Just in the blink of an eye, we are celebrating one year together and eating copious amounts of cake. I still can’t believe it’s been an entire year since we said “I Do.”
Not only have we grown closer, we have sold our condo, bought our house, started to create a life in our new home and most importantly, will be welcoming a baby this coming fall.
Over the past year, my husband has taught me how to be gentle and how no gesture is too small to be appreciated. That unloaded dishwasher is like finding gold. Love is making time for what the other enjoys. Yes, that means going to see Mad Men and Royal’s game despite the 95 degree weather. Love doesn’t keep count. No matter how many times I fold the laundry or make dinner, there is no count or an end. This motto goes for friendships too. Give and take. Love is making time to make the other feel loved. No matter how small, they won’t go unnoticed. In the smallest of ways, I enjoy spoiling Dustin. Such as, in making frozen breakfast burrito’s to make his mornings easier. Or Dustin making a happy hour run for me to pick up a Sonic Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeade. It’s the small things that really make life better each day with him.
So on the weekends, we take a step back, relax and have a slow morning breakfast filled with coffee, abundance of fruit and fluffy vanilla greek yogurt pancakes.
Until a year or ago or so, I could pass on pancakes. As they were mostly flavorless, semi fluffy, carb loaded ‘flatjacks’. It wasn’t until I ventured the whole grain pancakes loaded with juicy blueberries and when I started experimenting with flavors that my love really started.
The base of the pancakes uses white whole wheat flour for a whole grain punch while not being overwhelmingly nutty. And how can we overlook the vanilla? A double whammy as I use vanilla greek yogurt and a full tablespoon of vanilla extract! I love adding vanilla extract to recipes as it heightens the sweetness without adding sugar! And the flavor of these are spot on. There is no hiding the vanilla here, yet it isn’t too much. But then again, there is no such thing as too much vanilla in my book!
With the greek yogurt, these pancakes puff up while being super filling. Stack em high, load em with berries, a sprinkle of granola for crunch if you wish and drizzle on that maple! That is one sweet way to start your morning!
International Delight is all about taking 10 minutes for yourself this summer. What better way then with these fluffy and decadent pancakes?
Make sure to sign up for International Delight Newsletter and don’t forget to visit International Delight on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to not miss any promotions, sweepstakes and coupons! And hungry for more International Delight recipes? Visit them on Pinterest!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons truvia baking blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup non fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Garnish: Berries, peanut butter and maple
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, truvia, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Whisk well until mixed then while whisking pour in the oil. This will prevent the oil from solidifying further upon mixing with the cold ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until batter is combined.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. Once heated, pour 1//4 cup of batter onto preheated pan. You may need to spread out a bit into an even circle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear gently, or until light golden brown. Gently flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with sliced strawberries, granola and maple, if desired.
Hungry for more breakfast treats?
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!