This Lighter Salted Caramel Sauce couldn’t be any easier to make and is lightened up! Perfect for drizzling over ice cream, cake or just by the spoonful!
If you had to pick one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That’s an evil question isn’t it? Practically impossible to answer. Amiright?
As I see it, there is ‘dessert moods’. Such as, if it is date night, that means gelato for us. We are gelato connoisseur! Or if is a family event, then that means my aunt’s famous chewy toffee cookies! And these pregnancy days? Anything lemon.
So let’s not and just all decide that ‘dessert moods’ exist so we can all live in sugary peace.
With fall around the corner, I expect a few of my desserts to be drenched in caramel! Because let’s be real, who can turn down the stuff? If you can, you have far more willpower than I.
I lightened it up with Truvia brown sugar (This isn’t a sponsored posts; I just love how versatile it is!). It is simmered on the stove with half and half and a bit of butter until it is golden brown and caramelized.
Just one tip, this sauce is the best when it is slightly warm as it is impossible to pour when it starts to come to room temperature or is chilled. Quick fix? Just microwave it in a microwave-safe bowl, until slightly warm. Then you are in business!
And this caramel sauce is pretty amazing straight off the spoon. Not that I would know or anything…
This Lighter Salted Caramel Sauce couldn't be any easier to make and is lightened up! Perfect for drizzling over ice cream, cake or just by the spoonful!
15 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup packed Truvia Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Course Sea Salt
- In a small saucepan, mix the Truvia brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated.
- *This sauce is best when slightly warmed as it solidifies when cold.
- To reheat, add to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in microwave in 15-second intervals until smooth then use immediately.
Hungry for more caramel recipes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!4