As the holidays draw near, how is your holiday shopping coming along? Are you one of those people I envy that already has every present neatly wrapped with a pretty bow on top? Or are you one of those Christmas Eve’ers? Just in case you still have a few family and friends to buy for, I have gathered a Foodie Holiday Gift Guide to ensure that every cook on your list will be happy to head to the kitchen with their new toys!
HMK is a store located on the Country Club Plaza here in KC; it is a new Hallmark experience that I could get lost in for hours. It combines the feel of Hallmark with thoughtful gifts, but also bring in a side of fun to reinvent shopping. They help you to creative beautiful gifts, cards and accessories to create something truly unique. They have everything from fun throw pillows, to designer notebooks, to home decor to kitchen gadgets galore. With their true Hallmark feel, they allow you to customize and monogram countless items in the store to make everything feel truly personalized.
So this Christmas, I spent some time picking my top gifts for my family and friends! I was able to get a few items personalized and was able to check a few more items off my list! Below are my top picks I found at HMK for those foodies in your life!
1. A true foodie’s delight; gourmet edible gifts that they able to enjoy rather than getting their hands dirty for! At HMK, I found quite a few items that made my mouth water. From the gluten free brownie mix, to the assortment of jellys. I can only image how indulgent their holiday spread will be with these added to it. I love gourmet dessert mixes because there is some rome for imagination left! Throw in a handful of peanut butter chips or frost with your favorite ganache, and no one will ever know it’s not from scratch!
2. I have a fetish with cooking utensils; whisks and spatulas in particular! I collect them like they are going out of style. And in all honesty, a chef can never have too many utensils! So when I eyed the silicon spatula, whisk and mop brush, I knew they were coming home with me. Plus their pretty colors are easy on the eye! Not only were the cooking utensils colorful, but so were their assortment of kitchen towels, mixing bowls and hot pads! Brightly colored kitchen for the win.
3. Entertaining goes hand in hand the holidays so every foodie needs spunky towels. Whether in their bar or offering to dry off some wet hands, these martini hand towels are just too cute to pass up. These have my Dad’s name written all over them!
4. Cutting boards are workhorses in the kitchen, but lately they have become much more than that. They have become show pieces as well. HMK has taken them up a notch with their personalization and ability to monogram them. Whether a cute saying declaring how much you love cookies and cupcakes, or a simple last name, there are endless possibilities. Give that hard to buy for family member a new cutting board and see how quickly they will offer to carve the holiday ham this year!
5. Another set of cutting boards I fell in love with are these look alike book cutting boards. When not in use, they act as decorations that you can add to a book shelf or set on the counter. Two in one functional kitchen pieces is music to a chef’s ears!
6. Simple appetizers are necessary to have in any foodies recipe repertoire. And so is having a fancy cheese plate for when friends stop by unexpectedly. So when I eyed this marble cheese plate with a wood and monogrammed ‘K’, I just knew it belonged in my kitchen. It is sleek, not too large nor heavy and will be perfect for that person on your list you are having a hard time buying for. It is functional, yet gorgeous enough that it can sit out.
7. Lastly, along with another beautiful cutting board, I immediately fell in love with the alphabet napkin rings. Silver and classic, they will dress up any table. Not to mention timeless. I already know these would be perfect for my sister in law and my mother as they are both fabulous entertainers.
I hope you have some inspiration to complete that Christmas list for this holiday season! Do you have any holiday gift ideas for the foodies on your list? If so, I want to hear them!
This is a sponsored post by HMK but as always opinions remain my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support The Housewife in Training Files!0