A few weeks ago, we went over how to stock a healthy pantry to ensure fast, healthy and tasty meals when you open those pantry doors and dying to get a homemade meal on the table in no time!
So now that you have a fully stocked, healthy pantry, now what? Well let’s get cooking! But, having the essential ingredients is key to creating healthy meals but having any sort of idea of what to do with those ingredients is just as important! I have a few go to’s when it comes to time-crunched dinners, but adding new recipes into the rotation prevents burnout and some pizazz to meal time. I have gathered a list of simple, quick and delicious meal ideas to get your wheels turning! Who’s hungry?
- Cooked Oatmeal + milk + frozen blueberries + pecans (play with different berries, dried fruits and nuts!)
- Strawberry Shortcake Protein Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Oatmeal from Food Faith Fitness
- Skinny Chai Chocolate Oatmeal from Well Plated
- Maple Cinnamon Oats and Vanilla Greek Yogurt Parfaits with Fresh Fruit (My summer favorite!)
- Overnight Oats! Rushed morning time savors
- Smoothies – Great way to get a nutrient dense start to your day. Add fruits, greek yogurt, milk, greens, chia seeds, be creative!
- Homemade Granolas
- Chopped lettuce or Spiralized Zucchini + canned salmon, tuna or chopped chicken + veggies + dried cranberries + balsamic salad dressing
- Avocado Toast
- Large batches of chicken salad! Various flavors is great to prevent boredom.
- Skinny Pink Chicken Salad
- Lemon Almond Roasted Chicken Salad by How Sweet Eats
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich with Sun Dried Tomato Spread by Running to the Kitchen
- Cucumber & Strawberry Poppyseed Salad (my favorite summer lunch!)
- Prepping proteins ahead of time makes dinner time quick! Simple throw together a salad for a healthy dinner!
- Freezer Meals are heaven sent! I love getting together with my sister in law, each buying ingredients for a few dishes, then spending a day meal prepping then splitting the results!
- Follow along with my Pinterest board for Freezer Meals!
- Cooking a big batch of quinoa is a great way to add whole grains to any meal! Simply cook and store in the fridge then add a protein and veggie and you are set! Whether its plain quinoa or a quinoa dish, both are great options!
- Cheesy Mushroom & Kale Quinoa
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Black Beans by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Quinoa Salad with Pistachios, Cherries and Honey Balsamic Kefir Dressing by Food Faith Fitness
- Caramelized Butternut Squash and Roasted Grapes Quinoa (Fan fav!)
- Non fat plain greek yogurt + ranch seasoning or mixed with a touch of honey + chopped veggies or fruit = a healthy chip and dip!
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Chia Seed Puddings