Sticky Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken Fingers are baked then coated in a sweet and spicy glaze for a healthy, delicious dinner!
You know what is rather shocking?
Labor Day has passed. With that brings a few emotions. First being that summer is coming a close. Usually I am shedding a few tears, but this year I am filled with excitement as that means we are just that much closer to our little man arriving. Not that I am counting down the days or anything.
As Labor Day approached, I have already started to plan our end of summer bash, which usually takes place at our lake house. This weekend is filled with good food, fun drinks and plenty of time spent with family and friends!
As sunshine is always hopeful for the weekend, good food is a must! I love creating a delicious, yet stress-free menu for us to feast on. While the details may be less important, the idea that we spend hours enjoying each others company playing cards, listening to comedy on Pandora and sitting on our porch exchanging stories till the wee hours is of importance. Those are the details that make our lake trips so special.
While I am usually the one spending the most time in the kitchen, dinners that are easy to whip up are essential. We have had our experiences of mishaps – attempting to cook pizza on the grill with our pizza stone only to crack the stone and creating a pizza that was charred on one side and doughy on the other. Our dinner that evening? Late night run to the store for frozen pizza. Even experienced chefs have some messes in the kitchen! But that small hiccup hasn’t stopped us from tearing up the kitchen each evening.
This year we left the pizza aside to only reach for this finger licking good Sticky Sweet Chili Chicken Fingers. Who doesn’t like chicken fingers? They are the perfect fun dinner after spending a day in the sun as they give us the feeling of visiting a local bar and grill but from the comfort of our porch, all while watching the sun go down. Not to mention, much healthier since they are baked and not fried.
Chicken tenders are coated in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and cornmeal to ensure every nook and cranny of the chicken is coated. Upon baking, the panko crisps up creating that crunchy exterior we all desire from chicken fingers. Then, the best part comes into play. The sweet chili glaze! A mixture of sweet chili sauce and hot sauce is mixed together than either slathered on the fingers or dunked into. After a final zap in the oven to really crisp up the coating and sauce, you are ready to feast! And those messy fingers? No worries as with Brawny® paper towels, we are fully equipped to handle our dinnertime mess! With more sheets per roll, we are able to clean up any mess life hands us!
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten free if needed)
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup franks red hot sauce
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top and scary with non-stick spray. If you’d don’t have, just bake right on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond milk and vinegar. Add the chicken.
- In another bowl, mix the panko, cornmeal, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken one piece at a time, let the almond milk drip off, and place into the panko mixture. Gently pressing the panko mixture to adhere to the chicken.
- Place the breaded chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the hot sauce and chili sauce. Mix together. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- When the chicken is done, brush or dip each piece into the hot sauce mixture and place back on baking sheet. Bake another 2 minutes and serve immediately with extra sauce on the side, if desired.
Hungry for more chicken dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
Compensation for this post was provided by Brawny® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Brawny® or AOL.