A simple, flavorful and healthy side dish! Tuscan Oven Roasted Red Potatoes are seasoned with herbs you already have in your pantry and will be on the table in under 30 minutes!
The tables are turning around here.
Strange things are happening. I don’t mean mythical, strange things. Like ghosts in our creeping around our hallways or anything. If they were, I certainty would not be writing about it. Rather in freak out mode, packing up and getting the heck out of dodge.
Rather, strange things as I actually enjoy roasted potatoes! This may seem like a minuscule task to you but for a girl that could pass on a loaded baked potato or crispy french fry any day, this is moving mountains.
You see, when I was little, my diet consisted of cereal, chicken nuggets, ketchup, ice cream and more chicken nuggets. Solid diet don’t you think? I never cared for the french fries that came with my happy meal as I was quite content with the
questionable meat chicken nuggets. And truth be told, I still am. But that is here nor there. Today is all about my new found love of oven roasted red potatoes.
This dish could not be any simpler. Fool proof if you will. Simply slice and dice the potatoes, toss with oil then add herbs that are more than likely in your pantry already. Then send into the oven for a short bake and before you know it, you have warm, healthy and buttery potatoes waiting your arrival at the dinner table.
The potatoes melt in your mouth. With a crispy exterior and a creamy flesh, these babies are begging to be brought to your Christmas dinner soiree.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or olive oil)
- 2.5 tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp dried thyme
- 4.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1/ ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up).
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut in half (and into quarters if extra large).
- Toss the potatoes into a mixing bowl. Add the melted coconut oil, and toss to coat the potatoes well.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Toss well to ensure all sides are evenly coated.
- Add the potatoes to the foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes then flip potatoes onto other side.
- Let bake for 13 or so more minutes, or until potatoes or tender. This cooking time may vary depending on how large or small you cut your potatoes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Looking for more potato dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!