Are you as obsessed with the Taste as my fiance and I am?!
Before every challenge, we pause the show and drill each other to see what dish they would present to the chef’s. Dustin is certain that I would rock that show. But. Prettyyyyyy sure my indecisive self would have a hard time pinpointing just ONE bite. Eek. It’s a lot of pressure okay?
Apparently it was too much pressure for one of the contestants as they just walked.off.the.stage before the judging. Was she crazy?! Freely dropping out? Many bloggers like myself would have given our entire spatula collection to get a spot on that show. But honestly, I was happy to see her go. Every challenge she would attempt to shoo Nigella out of her kitchen and insist on creating dishes her way. Her attitude was despicable. Who wouldn’t gracely accept advice from a five star chef? Cray-Cray.
So, last night’s episode was all about the vegetables. Every dish was to feature a non-meat bite. Oh the possibilities I thought! And I immediately thought to this gem of a recipe. I have expressed my love for zucchini noodles before and once again, they transform a usually carb heavy dish into a light and delicate meal. The noodles are cooked for only a few moments to replicate the ‘al dente’ texture of pasta.
The roasted red pepper alfredo is the real star here. Roasted red peppers are blended with greek yogurt for a creamy yet lighter sauce than the typical alfredo . The peppers provide a sense of sweetness and the yogurt provides the tang, then nutty parmesan is melted in to give it that extra flavor oomph plus a little parmesan doesn’t hurt anyone. This has it all. The comfort of a bowl licking, delicious pasta alfredo but with the thought of swim suits and summer singing in your head.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 whole roasted red peppers
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt, plain
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded freshly Parmesan cheese
- 2 large Zucchini's, spiralized into small noodles
- Parmesan, for garmish
- With your oven on broil, place the bell peppers on a baking sheet. Broil for just a few moments, turning the peppers they get slightly burned on the skin. Once the bell peppers are roasted on every side, place in an air tight container for 5 minutes to steam. Peel the skin off (make sure to remove all the black charred pieces. You definitely don't want to eat those!) of the peppers and remove the seeds from the inside. Place the cleaned bell peppers in the blender.
- Preheat sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 oil. Once heated add diced red onions. Let cook until translucent and soft.
- Once onions are cooked, add to blender with bell peppers. Add greek yogurt, garlic powder and parmesan and puree until very smooth. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet that you cooked your onions, add more oil if needed. Add zucchini noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes just to give them a bit of a bite.
- In a small sauce pan, add the roasted red pepper sauce and heat through.
- Plate zucchini noodles, top with sauce and additional parmesan.