Mango, Black Bean & BBQ Chicken Rice Lettuce Bowls with Chile Lime Vinaigrette are a quick meal filled with fruit, spice and so many flavors!
There is two ways to start a Monday: dessert for breakfast and a hearty and pretty salad!
You could go the tequila route if that suits your fancy but I would right off your productivity for the day. Unless you into those kinda things. Hey, no judgement here.
While most of my meals can consist of a salad, the salads loaded with all things creamy, crunchy, salty and sweet are the only way to keep my hunger at bay. And from attacking my pantry an hour later. I am not a rabbit that can live off a salad mixed with veggies, while tasty, not filling.
So enter BBQ Chicken Salad!
BBQ Chicken + mango + black beans + rice + chile lime dressing = pure bliss!
This salad came out in a ‘everything but the kitchen sink” sorta lunch. Despite a food blogger, not everyday am I able to eat my work (does that sound weird?!) so when I get hungry, I want it right then. I don’t want to cook one more thing after destroying my kitchen all morning. So after staring into my fridge for a few minutes, I laid eyes on my BBQ sauce and a craving kicked up. And light bulbs went off.
The flavor combination here are pretty fantastic. The sweet and savory BBQ sauce mixed with the sweet mango is so tasty. The black beans and the rice add enough body to keep you full all afternoon long. And to tie the spice, sweet and savory together, a chile lime dressing is drizzled over it all to marry it together. The dressing takes seconds to make making this salad perfect for those buys days, or to make mass quantities off and eat all week.
Save yourself and add this salad to your menu ASAP!
Mango, Black Bean & BBQ Chicken Rice Lettuce Bowls are a quick meal filled with fruit, spice and so many flavors!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 cups romaine, chopped
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2 mangos diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- Chile Lime Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bowls:Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls. Then divide the mango, black beans and rice between the bowls.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, toss the chicken with the BBQ sauce. Microwave the chicken for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Top the bowls with the chicken.
- Chile Lime Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Drizzle the bowls with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Hungry for more dinner bowls?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!4