Sweet, salty, crunchy and so irresistible! Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels are simple to make with only 4 ingredients. They will be your favorite dessert, appetizer or snack in no time!
I adore sweet snacks laying around; such as my granola bars to poppable, protein-packed peanut butter bites. They help cure any craving for a sweet indulgence or a palate cleanser after a meal (read that as every meal…). It is the cherry on top of the sundae that makes every day complete.
Life is meant to be enjoyed so dessert should be savored daily. So one afternoon I was eyeing some pretzels laying around and my wheels started turning. We needed some snacks for that days football game marathon that afternoon and just having savory foods was not going to cut it. Granted, I love me some spinach dip, hummus and meatballs but nothing makes me as giddy as a salty and sweet snack!
My hand has been caught in this jar of cinnamon sugar pretzels non stop since we made these. The pretzels get tossed in coconut oil for an added layer of flavor. But don’t worry, there really is not a coconut flavor coming through. If you don’t care for coconut oil, use a neutral oil such as vegetable oil, instead. Next, mix together a bit of cinnamon and sugar, add the pretzels and toss to ensure every nook and cranny of the pretzels are filled with the sugary goodness.
Crunchy, sweet, salty, quick and completely irresistible!
- 16 oz bag of pretzels (I used gluten free pretzels)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup baking stevia
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil over stovetop. Pour over pretzels.
- In a large bowl, combine stevia and cinnamon. Add pretzels and toss to combine, ensuring all pretzels are covered with the sugar mixture.
- Spread the pretzels onto the prepared baking sheet. If they don't all fit in a single layer, use two. Bake for 50 minutes, making sure to stir the pretzels around two or three times during baking. Remove front the oven and allow to cool.
- Pretzels stay fresh covered tightly at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Looking for more simple desserts?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!0