Your favorite crunchy pretzels just got together with chicken for a new take on ‘fried chicken’! Honey Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken Bites with Strawberry Dijon Dipping Sauce are sweet, savory and spicy all in one bite!
Talk about one glorious day! Today is day I get my kitchen back. Which also means my house.
You see, where there is a renovation being done, there is strange, powerful smells. Unfortuatnely, I had to hightail it out of there. I like to think myself of one tough cookie, but those got the best of me. The room started to get smaller, I started feeling light headed, my hearing started to go out and I could barely walk. And no, it was not a cocktail recipe testing day. But it sure felt like it!
One I get the cabinet doors back on, and all my decorations semi in place, I will share a pic with you all! But you should follow along on Instagram where I may be likely to share a pic sooner than later. So make sure you are waiting on the edge of your seats. Kidding! Your life is way more exciting than that…
But you know what you do need to sit on the edge of your seat for? Honey mustard pretzel crusted chicken bites. I don’t think they had made it to the table before over half of the batch had disappeared. I wish I could blame Dustin for stealing them all, but this time that is not the case. We were both guilty. Slightly sweet from the homemade honey mustard sauce that the sauce takes a bath in before diving into crushed pretzels. Then they take a short ride through the oven to get all crunchy and delicious.
And what are chicken nuggets without a dipping sauce? Kinda like Chick Fil A. I get nearly all their sauces, what is it? Like 5 or 6? Yup. I get em all. I don’t even have enough chicken nuggets to dedicate one to each sauce. Life choices are hard. I tell ya.
So when I was experimenting with flavors, I eyed fresh strawberries in the fridge. And you know how I love strawberries in savory dishes. Like in this avocado toast and when paired with cucumbers, they are swoon worthy. So when I thought to puree them with a bit of dijon for a more savory sauce, it was goooood. I mean like I might as well sat with a spoon and the blender to finish it all off.
Pathetic? Slightly. Tasty? For sure.
Your favorite crunchy pretzels just got together with chicken for a new take on 'fried chicken'! Honey Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken Bites with Strawberry Dijon Dipping Sauce are sweet, savory and spicy all in one bite!
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- Chicken Bites:
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 heaping cup, diced strawberries
- Chicken Bites: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl (or large enough to hold a few chicken bites), whisk together the mustard, honey and egg. In another medium bowl, add the crushed pretzels and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Working with a few chicken pieces at a time, dip the chicken in the mustard mixture, letting excess drip off. Then add to the pretzels and coat well ensuring all sides are covered. Add to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the chicken bites. Once finished, place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (will depend on how big your actual pieces of chicken are). Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and reaches an internal tempearture of 165 degrees. F. Remove from oven.
- Dipping Sauce: Meanwhile, in a blender, add the dijon mustard, honey and diced strawberries, Mix until strawberries are pureed and mixture is combined well.
- When ready to serve, serve the chicken bites with the strawberry dijon sauce.
Hungry for more delicious chicken recipes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!4