Cranberry & Almond Roasted Brussels Sprouts Antipasto Salad – A healthy salad with caramelized Brussels Sprouts, cranberries, almonds and tossed in a maple, mustard vinaigrette!
Well, well. Doesn’t this recipe fit perfectly for our bipolar weather? Everyone is so anxious for the spring weather and food. And I don’t blame ya. I am right there with ya! Bring on the margaritas, citrus salads, and patio weather appetizers. But with Mother Nature’s mood swings all over the Midwest (they are getting old, lady), I had to take advantage of one last roasted salad.
Aren’t Brussels sprouts such a love or hate relationship? I am luckily on the love side, while the fiancé is on the hate. And I don’t take advantage of that at all. That would be so selfish…. “Oh shucks, look at this whole dish I made! Wait, you don’t like them. Oh no, more for me!” It’s not cruel. Promise. It’s called every man for themselves in our house. If you don’t get to the favorited leftovers soon, you will be SOL. True story.
Brussels sprouts always reminded me of when I was little and a side dish my grandma served. Yet, I am purdy sure my mind is making up that whole story. But doesn’t Brussels sprouts make everyone think of the forbidden veggie that they were forced to choke down when they were little? Please don’t tell me I am alone here. Brussels sprouts are first seared in a piping hot cast iron skillet, throw in the oven to roast, and then drizzled with a maple mustard dressing, cranberries and salty, roasted almonds. To finish this baby off, back in the oven she goes and that is when the magic happens. The dressing caramelizes and creates a sugary blanket for the sprouts.
Trust me when I say, this ain’t your grandmas cookin…
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto, sliced thin
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 2 T cup white vinegar
- 6 T olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Preheat large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to heated then add sliced Brussels sprouts and prosciutto. Cook until seared, about 7 minutes.
- Once brussels sprouts are seared, add to oven and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in a blender and combine well.
- After brussels sprouts have roasted for 10 minutes, toss almonds, cranberries and dressing in. Toss until fully incorporated.
- Place back in oven and roast for 15 minutes or until sprouts are caramelized.
- Serve immediately.
Hungry for more healthy side dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!