A simple, no bake cheesecake with a dark chocolate cookie crust, sweet marshmallow fluff, homemade strawberry sauce and finished off with a skinny cheesecake topper! An ideal summer dessert!
Life has a funny way of adding inspiration into everyday events. After a few weeks of complete chaos, quite a few failed recipe attempts, and some restless nights, my brain is just fried. Call it lack of creativity if you will. Which is a death sentence for someone who thrives off of dreaming up new creations and putting words to paper.
Between decisions of what flowers I would like for our wedding centerpieces (hint, I am not much of a flower person), to starting to look at new houses (even the possibility of new construction…oye) to then rattling my brain in the kitchen, it all becomes a bit overwhelming at times.
Doesn’t help the fact I am a natural worry bee.
Ya, ya, ya…everyone tells me to not stress the small stuff.
Really? Like I haven’t heard of that little tidbit before….
So when Cookie Chips of HannahMax Baking asked me to review their product, it was a real brain buster.
Cookies + Chips = Mind blown.
A cookie that eats like a chip. Just another reason to sit down with a bag after a hard day’s work and kick my feet up.
There was no lack of creativity when I set off to my kitchen since gobbling them straight out of the bag isn’t appropriate for a blog post. Even though its 100% acceptable in real life.
A simple, no bake parfait is a summer essential. Of Cookie Chips five flavors, (Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Sugar, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Sea Salt Peanut Butter, and Original), I was immediately drawn to the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip. And I was not disappointed; they are bursting with a deep cocoa flavor!
I started by crushing the cookie chips into fine crumbs for a base for our parfaits. And for as long as I can remember, I have an odd obsession with marshmallows. Any marshmallows. If it is on the menu, you bet I will be ordering it. And not sharing. So naturally, the next layer is marshmallow fluff. Plus, what is a summer without s’mores?! As I took a few spoonful’s, for quality assurance purposes, I was thinking that strawberries would be killer. Not just plain strawberries, a sweet strawberry sauce that melts in your mouth.
Oh yes. It was the perfect addition.
But as I sat there, they didn’t feel quite complete. They lacked one last partner in crime. When I think of strawberries, I think of cheesecake. Two little peas in a pod. I mixed Greek yogurt with whipped topping for a fluffy, vanilla and creamy cheesecake layer that gives the finesse the s’mores parfaits craved.
Lucky for you all, I am giving away a give set of all five flavors!! Now you can sit on your couch and eat an entire bag, or make these parfaits if you fancy! *There are a few ways to enter: 1) Simply leave a blog comment telling me what flavor you are most excited to try. This giveaway will end on June 9th, at 11:59 pm CT and is US only. Best of luck ya’all!
- 1 cup crushed Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Chips
- 1½ Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 3 Cups frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp truvia (or 2 Tbsp regular sugar)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Truvia (or 4 Tbsp regular sugar)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- In a food processor, crush cookie chips until a fine crumb.
- In a small bowl, combine cookies and melted butter. Mix well. Add to 4 serving glasses or ramkins. Press down well to cover bottom completely and create an even layer. Place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, add strawberries and truvia. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and simmer for 20 minutes until strawberries break down. Remove from heat and allow to cool off.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping, greek yogurt, truvia and vanilla. Fold gently to not flatten the whipped topping.
- Once cookie crust is hard, remove from fridge. Add 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff, then add the strawberry sauce and finish off with the cheesecake.
- Serve immedatiately or refrigerate until ready to use.
This post was sponsored by HannahMax Baking. I received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Are we staying in touch through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? Thanks for stopping by and subscribe to The Housewife in Training Files to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.0