Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potato Skins with Honey Blue Cheese Sauce are the perfect party food! Spicy shredded chicken loaded onto a crispy potato skin and drizzled with a homemade blue cheese sauce!
You didn’t think that I would let Superbowl come and go without trying to shove a buffalo recipe at you, did you?
I mean football and buffalo go hand in hand. At least in my hand it does.
If I am unsure what to make for lunch or dinner, just throw some buffalo sauce on it! It will be a winner. One of our favorite dinners is a buffalo chicken salad. Nothing special but stupid simple. Buffalo chicken over romaine, with bacon, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, and probably a few other things that I can’t think of the moment. Please forgive me, I just got back from a week long family vacation in Mexico. Adults only may I add.
Don’t be mad that I didn’t tell you. Or be mad that I didn’t shove you in my suitcase. The scardy cat in me shows when throwing it out into the blogosphere that I am out of the country and away from my house. Part (most of it…) is my husband but I also get sorta freaked. So please forgive me?
Will you take buffalo chicken stuffed potato skins as a peace offering? I mean, it’s not chocolate, but they are pretty tasty.
With all the chaos of just getting back from a week of lounging on the beach, having frozen margaritas delivered to me and endless laughs with my mom and sister in law, we needed a thoughtless type dinner. Right out of the oven, the crispy skin of the potato meets the spicy chicken and the creamy and sweet greek yogurt blue cheese drizzled on top work miracles for a day of traveling. We went crazy over them. As in ate the whole pan.
So much for new years resolutions. But what is one more day when you just get back from a week of chips, salsa and margaritas?
Ya, one more won’t hurt us.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry off the potatoes. Pierce all over with a fork.
- Place potatoes in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on size) until they are semi soft. Set aside to cool. You do not want to over bake them, as the potato will not adhere to the skin once middle is scooped out, filled and baked again.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken with the hot sauce. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the greek yogurt and honey. Mix well then fold in the blue cheese crumbles. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are cool, cut potato into thirds. You will have two round pieces and a middle center piece. Set aside or save the middle section or another use. For the rounded pieces, divide the buffalo chicken mixture between the skins.
- Place in oven under the broiler for 8-10 minutes or until edges are crispy. Remove from the oven, top with the greek yogurt blue cheese sauce, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately!
Craving more game food grub?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
Don’t forget the $200 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway going on! Make sure to get your hand in the pot!