Today is no ordinary Monday.
Today is the Monday before Thanksgiving! So it makes the exception to rule that Monday’s stink. I know I am not alone when I say the Holiday’s are my favorite time of the year.
Usually Everyone is in a chipper mood. It may be due to the time spent with loved ones. Or due to the copious amounts of partying, schmoozing, hors d’oeuvres and cocktails everyone consumes. Let’s face it, the cocktails help everyone schmooze.
And no party is complete without delicious hors d’oeuvres! (Have you ever tried to spell that world by yourself? I have never been the greatest speller, but goodness. Thank you Google…) To be deemed the favorite guest around, come bearing edible gifts. You will automatically put a smile on the hosts face. Unless you are a crazy food blogger and enjoy the awful idea of creating every dish with your own hands. Not that I would know or anything.
I throughly enjoy adding my special touch to the holiday’s and throughly enjoy creating the menu and dishes that make everyone swoon at the sight of them. These Buffalo Chicken Polenta Bites are not the ordinary holiday appetizer, as they are not a combination of sweet and savory, cheese filled or sweet enough to give you a sugar high before the dessert arrives. Don’t get me wrong, I love all those, but I also love surprising my friends and family with dishes they would not except. Plus, I think buffalo chicken is the secret way to everyone’s stomach. They are super simple to whip up; creamy, slightly sweet polenta plays the perfect canvas for the fiery buffalo chicken. And what is buffalo chicken without blue cheese? I have seen blue cheese guacamole before, but never made it. You see, it is hard to get my fiancé to make anything but this infamous guacamole. it’s good; I’ll give it to him. But he gives me ‘the eye’ sometimes when I try to trash up the classics. Well, I definitely snuck it in here. I love how the silky avocado compliments the salty blue cheese. These little towers come together in a jiffy. What is better than that during these crazy, I mean, lovely holidays?
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 (180z) tube of Polenta
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 6 oz avocado
- 4 oz crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to prevent browning
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Slice polenta into 15 slices.
- Once skillet is warm, add polenta. Cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown, then flip and cook again for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Add to paper towel lined plate until all polenta is cooked.
- While polenta is cooking, combine shredded chicken with hot sauce. Use less or more sauce, if desired.
- In small bowl, mash avocado with fork, trying to keep small chunks. Fold in blue cheese crumbles, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Once polenta is done cooking, layer with blue cheese avocado, then add chicken and garnish with cilantro.