Blueberry & Honey Cream Croissants are buttery and flakey, filled with whipped honey cream cheese, tart blueberries are the perfect breakfast!
Last month we both whipped together two creative dishes based off sweet potatoes. This time around Becky chose seasonally fresh ingredients that we both cannot get enough of – blueberries and honey. They both scream spring. The combination is irresistible and I was anxious to start brainstorming but knew it had to be something light, airy and something out of the norm without the thoughts of been there done that.
Granted, this is no ‘cronut’, but I have to say I very blessed with the results!
Becky is one mastermind with cocktails so I was so giddy when she decided to make a fresh take on the classic mint julep. The results? Stellar. How perfect that is Friday and an adult beverage is necessary around 5pm. Show her some love and check out her recipe for the Blueberry & Honey Mint Juleps. I can’t hardly wait for happy hour!!
You know what they say – “The early bird gets the worm.” Let’s just say, I get a lot of worms.
I have a confession. I drink entirely too much coffee and entirely too fast. My iced coffee is usually gone before I know it. Problems of a fast drinker.
Mornings are my favorite time of the day. Its my ‘me time’ as my fiance usually sleeps in a tad longer than I do. I can’t call my morning complete without my coffee, a lil time with my friends, Lara, George, Josh and Robin of GMA, and a sweet treat. Because we all know a good day is a day that starts with sugar.
Croissants belong with coffee in the morning time (and with butter on the dinner table for that matter). Their flakiness. Their tenderness. And their butteriness is the ultimate breakfast treat. Not too overly sweet nor filling.
So why not fill her up and add a touch of sweetness? The cream mixture is light cream cheese whipped with a tad bit of honey to create a lightness without the overly sweet sugar rush. Crisp and tart blueberries join the party before folding up the croissant and heading to the oven.
Since we have determined the early bird get’s the worm and a bunch of coffee, looks like he is also going to get devour ALL these croissants as well! One perk of being the early bird!
Buttery and flakey croissants filled with whipped honey cream cheese and tart blueberries are the perfect breakfast!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 can croissant dough (8 servings)
- 2 oz light, plain cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg white
- Sugar, to garnish (optional)
- For Garnish, Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to temperature instructed on croissant packaging.
- Carefully remove croissants from package. Try to keep 4 squares. Push together the perforated line so that there is 4 even squares, rather than 8 triangles. Lay the squares on a large baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper, or pre greased foil.
- With a hand held blender or whisk, whisk together cream cheese, greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract until it is airy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Divide and spread evenly the cream cheese mixture among the 4 croissants, leavening about a quarter inch around the edges. Divide blueberries between the croissants.
- Lift opposite corners of the croissants and press together so the dough comes one.
- Add egg white to small bowl. Brush the tops of the croissants with the egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until croissants are golden brown and completely baked underneath.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish.
Craving more breakfast treats?
Whole Wheat Cranberry Bliss Pancakes
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #HOUSEWIFEINTRAININGFILES. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!2