An easy, healthy no bake cheesecake is simple to make with greek yogurt, low fat cream cheese, sprinkles and a buttery sugar cookie crust!
Today calls for a celebration!
It may or may not be someone’s birthday.
That someone may or not be me…
It is rather ironic that I am celebrating my birthday on my blog as in my day to day life, I do not like throw shindigs or countdown that days to my special day. I am thinking that just comes with age as it would be rather awkward for an almost thirty year old to tell everyone they know how many more days until their birthday party complete with balloons and cookie cake.
Although I would still be open to the cookie cake.
This past year has been filled with its fair share of milestones; my now husband moved in with me, we got married in July and I left the corporate world to blog full time. And needless to say, I am pretty ecstatic about all three of them.
Life is pretty good!
So to celebrate, I thought to make a dessert that I know I could not mess up. Healthy no bake cheesecake is fool proof and filled with sprinkles; no party is complete without sprinkles. A simple funfetti cheesecake recipe is a mixture of greek yogurt cream cheese, no fat greek yogurt, and light Truwhip (or cool whip) is mixed until velvety then piped on top of a crumbled mixture of sugar cookies.
Sugar cookies are thee classic cookie if you have to ask me. Buttery, hints of vanilla and not too sugary so you are able to eat plenty of them without getting a stomach ache. Today I used my Nana’s sugar cookie recipe (if you wait patiently, a recipe may come your way soon…), but feel free to use your favorite sugar cookie recipe. But I suggest using a cookie that is not overly sweet or you will have a sugar overload before you know it!
A simple, dessert that brings me so much joy as I celebrate another year old and another year wiser!
meal prep tips:
if you care to prepare this healthy no bake cheesecake ahead of time, they work wonderfully! Prepare the cheesecake filling and the crumbs. From here you can do one of two things: store them separately until ready to serve or prepare, then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
i love to add the crumbs to the serving dish, then set aside until I am ready to serve, then add the no bake cake batter cheesecake filling on top when ready to serve.
Serves 1 Cheesecake
An easy, no bake cake batter cheesecake is healthy and simple to make with greek yogurt, low fat cream cheese, sprinkles and a buttery sugar cookie crust!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups sugar cookies, ground (use gluten free, if needed)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package low fat greek yogurt cream cheese (or low fat cream cheese), softened
- 1/4 cup baking stevia
- 1 cup non fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed (I used TruWhip)
- Sprinkles, to garnish
- Additional whipped topping, for vanish
- In a medium bowl mix ground sugar cookies and butter until crumbly. Divide between 8 containers., about 2 heaping tablespoons into each.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and baking stevia until well blended. Add yogurt, extracts and red food coloring. Mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Add cheesecake filling by spooning or piping into the 8 containers.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate cheesecakes until ready to serve.
- To serve, add more whipped topping, if desired and add sprinkles.
Craving more cheesecake?